During the second hour of Rick Wiles' daily podcast Monday, conservative Christian author and former talk radio host Gregg Jackson discussed the "growing schism between evangelical congregations and their religious leaders" when it comes to Donald Trump and the 2016 election.
Jackson, the author of Conservative Comebacks to Liberal Lies: Issue by Issue Responses to the Most Common Claims of the Left from A to Z, We Won't Get Fooled Again: Where the Christian Right Went Wrong and How to Make America Right Again, and 40 Things to Teach Your Children Before You Die: The Simple American Truths about Life, Family & Faith, said the leaders of the "religious right" have betrayed their biblical roots to instead pursue power and influence inside the D.C. beltway. He has previously extensively documented how faith leaders have systematically undermined the Biblical foundations of America through what he calls the "promotion of false teachings" and "distractionary leadership."
"To a large degree a lot of these quote unquote 'Religious Right' conservative leaders, of a lot of these para-church organizational groups and pro-family groups are defiantly more interested in getting a seat at the Republican table and prominent places of power and influence than they are in advancing a biblical, biblically based, conservative agenda and public policy," he said.
Jackson has previously exposed the Council for National Policy, a powerhouse conservative lobbying group in Washington, D.C., founded in 1981. In 2012, he recounted an interview he had with CNP's former head, Steve Baldwin, who said it intentionally served as a 'gatekeeper' judge to the narratives and positions of mainline conservative figures.
He told Wiles on Monday "the pew-sitters" are fed up with the "liberal democrats in Ronald Reagan costumes" who have been fed to them by mainline church leaders for generations. As part of their rejection and mistrust after years of failure, he added, they have turned to support someone they think will actually be honest—Donald Trump—regardless of his spiritual relationship with Jesus Christ.
Click here to hear the entire interview.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details