Addressing Monday the 16th Boy Scout Jamboree at the Summit Bechtel National Scout Reserve in West Virginia, President Donald Trump was slammed by the liberal mainstream media for "putting on a campaign rally in front of a bunch of kids."
But, once again, contrary to those reports, the president's speech did have quite a bit of important substance for those who actually listened to it. You can watch the entire speech in the video clip above. Below are a number of excerpts from his speech:
- "You are the young people of character, integrity who will serve as leaders of our communities and uphold the sacred values of our nation."
- "When you volunteer for the Boy Scouts you are not only shaping young lives, you are shaping the future of America."
- "The United States has no better citizens than its Boy Scouts. No better. The values, traditions and skills you learn here will serve you throughout your lives. And just as importantly, they will serve your families, your cities and in the future and in the present will serve your country. The Scouts believe in putting America first."
- "I'll tell you the reason that I love this, and the reason that I really wanted to be here, is because as president, I rely on former Boy Scouts every single day. And so do the American people. It's amazing how many Boy Scouts we have at the highest level of our great government. Many of my top advisers in the White House were Scouts. Ten members of my cabinet were Scouts. Can you believe that? Ten. Secretary of State Rex Tillerson is not only a Boy Scout, he is your former national president. The vice president of the United States, Mike Pence—a good guy—was a Scout, and it meant so much to him. [He also recognized Secretary of the Interior Ryan Zinke, Secretary of Energy Rick Perry, and Secretary of Health & Human Services Dr. Tom Price, who were all on stage with him.]"
- "Each of these leaders will tell that you their road to American success—and you have to understand—their American success, and they are a great, great story, was paved with the patriotic American values and traditions they learned in the Boy Scouts. And some day, many years from now, when you look back on all of the adventures in your lives you will be able to say the same, I got my start as a Scout, just like these incredibly great people that are doing such a good job for our country."
- "As the Scout law says, a scout is trustworthy, loyal—we could use some more loyalty I will tell that you that ... You've heard that before. But here you learn the rewards of hard work and perseverance, never, ever give up. Never quit. Persevere. Never, ever quit. You learn the satisfaction of building a roaring campfire, reaching a mountain summit or earning a merit badge after mastering a certain skill. There's no better feeling than an achievement that you've earned with your own sweat, tears, resolve, hard work. There's nothing like it."
- "In the Scout oath, you pledge on your honor to do your best and to do your duty to God and your country ... But the words "duty," "country" and "God" are beautiful words. In other words, basically what you're doing is you're pledging to be a great American patriot. For more than a century that is exactly what our Boy Scouts have been."
- "Generations of American Boy Scouts have sworn the same oath and lived according to the same law. You inherit a noble American tradition. And as you embark on your lives, never cease to be proud of you who you are and the principles you hold dear and stand by. Wear your values as your badge of honor. What you've done few have done before you. What you've done is incredible. What you've done is admired by all. So I want to congratulate you, Boy Scouts."
- "Let your scouting oath guide your path from this day forward. Remember your duty, honor your history, take care of the people God put into your life, and love and cherish your great country."
- "You are very special people. You're special in the lives of America. You're special to me. But if you do what we say, I promise you that you will live scouting's adventure every single day of your life, and you will win, win, win and help people in doing so."
- "Your lives will have meaning, and purpose and joy. You will become leaders, and you will inspire others to achieve the dreams they once thought were totally impossible. Things that you said could never, ever happen are already happening for you. And if you do these things, and if you refuse to give in to doubt or to fear, then you will help to make America great again, you will be proud of yourself, be proud of the uniform you wear, and be proud of the country you love."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details