President Donald J. Trump is starting his New Year campaigning for Republican control of the Senate—and some say the country.
In a recent tweet, he said:
The Republican National Committee is hosting the "Victory Rally" at 7 p.m. Monday, Jan. 4, in Dalton, Georgia. The rally is hoped to garner support for Republican incumbents Sen. Kelly Loeffler and Sen. David Perdue who face runoffs against Democratic challengers.
In the November election, Loeffler and Perdue both received more votes than their opponents, but Georgia state law requires a 50% threshold. In what is being dubbed as America's next national election, the Republicans must defeat Democrats Jon Ossoff and Raphael Warnock, respectively.
The runoffs take place a week from today, Tuesday, Jan. 5. The election is being held one day before Congress meets to vote on whether it will certify the 2020 election.
If the Democratic candidates win both seats, the upper chamber will be split 50-50, with vice presidential candidate and Sen. Kamala Harris having the tie-breaking vote. If either Republican senator reclaims their seat, the GOP will retain control of the Senate.
"[But] we are not taking anything for granted," Perdue said. "We are out doing a 125-stop bus tour, and Kelly Loeffler's doing the same thing. We are taking it to the people in small-town Georgia to make sure they understand what's at stake and a responsibility to get out and vote."
To date, more than 2 million Georgians have voted early since Dec. 14.
In an earlier visit to Georgia, Vice President Mike Pence said, "And I'm here because we stand with Sen. David Perdue and Sen. Kelly Loeffler. We're going to keep fighting. We're going to keep fighting for every legal vote in America."
Not to be upstaged, Harris and other big-hitting Democrats visited the Peach State just before Christmas to rally support for Ossoff and Warnock.
At the upcoming rally with President Trump, both Loeffler and Perdue, as well as Public Service Commissioner Lauren "Bubba" McDonald, will speak.
To attend the event, register here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer