There's been a big gain for President Donald J. Trump's legal effort to challenge vote irregularities in the election—18 states have now joined Texas in its U.S. Supreme Court bid that could change the election outcome.
President Trump's legal team is also joining the Supreme Court bid by Texas to reject questionable ballots in four essential swing states.
Attorneys general in the 18 other states have now signed on to the suit that charges that state officials in Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, Michigan and Georgia changed election procedures, which is something only state legislatures are allowed to do.
On his radio program Jay Sekulow Live, attorney Jay Sekulow said, "This is the most significant of the cases filed, and it's the most significant because it is ... completely outcome-determinative. What does that mean? It means that if the court rules in favor of Texas, those four states, the states named in the complaint, would in fact have their state legislators determine the outcome; they would pick the electors."
Several things would have to happen for the case to succeed.
The justices would have to:
— Block certification of the Electoral College vote.
— Determine that massive amounts of votes are illegal.
— Tell the states to retally and resubmit their votes.
The court could also let every state legislature decide who won and then put the election in the hands of the House of Representatives. Since Republican state delegations outnumber the Democrats in the House, that could give Trump the victory.
However, there are questions as to whether the justices will hear the case.
Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton told Fox News, "In a state-on-state suit, our only place to go is the U.S. Supreme Court; we can't be heard anywhere else. Other lawsuits started at the district court level, and they have a right to be heard at least once, whether they have a good case or a bad case. So our request is we want to be heard. The only place we can go is the U.S. Supreme Court. And so we're pleading with the U.S. Supreme Court to please hear our case. Give us a chance at least to argue what we think is right. We want to argue the Constitution."
To read the rest of the story, visit our content partner here.
Reprinted with permission from CBN.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network Inc. All rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details