In the lead-up to Alabama's special election on Sept. 26 to replace the senatorial seat vacated by Attorney General Jeff Sessions, Dr. James Dobson issued the following statement endorsing Judge Roy Moore.
This statement is issued in his personal capacity as a citizen and not on behalf of any organizations he is affiliated with or leads:
For more than 15 years, it has been my privilege to know, and count as a friend, Judge Roy Moore. I can personally attest to his impeccable character as well as his sincere Christian faith.
Throughout his career, Judge Moore has been a tireless champion of religious liberty, standing down those who want nothing less than to rid our nation of its Judeo-Christian foundations. Shirley and I watched with admiration when, in 1997, he fought to preserve the right to pray in court at the beginning of each session—just as the Senate does to this day. Then again in 2003, when he fought bravely against a federal district judge who directed the removal of a 2 ½-ton Ten Commandments monument from the rotunda of the State Judicial Center.
On each occasion, and on a hundred others, the people of Alabama rallied behind Judge Moore's leadership in the public square. Judge Moore has also proven, time and again, that he is a true champion of the Constitution and a defender of the lives of the unborn.
It is my distinct honor to endorse Judge Roy Moore for the United States Senate, and I urge the people of Alabama to rally behind a righteous and upright man who will bring leadership, integrity and strong conservative values to Washington, D.C."
Dr. James Dobson is a celebrated psychologist, Christian leader, and founder and president of Family Talk, a nonprofit organization that produces his radio program, "Dr. James Dobson's Family Talk." He is the author of more than 30 books dedicated to the preservation of the family. Dr. Dobson served as an associate clinical professor of pediatrics at the University of Southern California School of Medicine for 14 years and on the attending staff of Children's Hospital of Los Angeles for 17 years in the divisions of Child Development and Medical Genetics. He holds 18 honorary doctoral degrees and was inducted in 2008 into The National Radio Hall of Fame.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer