Voters in Georgia's Sixth Congressional District, previously held by Secretary of Health & Human Services Dr. Tom Price, are going to the polls Tuesday in what will effectively be a primary election to set up the two-candidate showdown that will happen in June.
That's because there will be 18 candidates on the ballot, and one of them would have to win at least 50 percent of the vote to win.
There are five Democrats on the ballot, although the consensus candidate appears to be investigative documentary filmmaker Jon Ossoff, a former congressional aide to U.S. Rep. Hank Johnson (D-Ga.)—who believes Guam will tip over if there are too many people on the island. He's expected to garner about 40 percent of the vote.
Other Democrats include:
- Ragin Edwards, a senior sales manager
- Richard Keatley, a U.S. Navy veteran and college foreign language instructor
- Dr. Rebecca Quigg, a physician
- Ron Slotin, a Jewish media and marketing businessman and former state senator
There are also two independent candidates, neither of which is expected to draw very many votes in the largely conservative district. Price won re-election for what would have been his sixth term in November with nearly 62 percent of the vote.
So, the real battle will be among the 11 GOP candidates on Tuesday's ballot. The top four in those polls have been:
- Bob Gray, a businessman and city councilor from Johns Creek
- Karen Handel, former Georgia Secretary of State, 2010 gubernatorial candidate, and 2014 U.S. Senate candidate
- Judson Hill, former state senator
- Dan Moody, former state senator
Gray, Handel and Moody have all been polling in the low double digits throughout the special election polling cycle. Gray recently took the polling lead over Handel in a single poll, but his lead has been deemed statistically irrelevant.
For the special election, all of the candidates will appear together on the ballot irrespective of their political affiliation in what is commonly referred to as a "jungle primary." If no candidate receives 50 percent of the vote, a runoff election will be held June 20.
Democrats are once again pulling out all the stops in an attempt to take away a Republican seat from the House majority. While it would have no impact whatsoever on the GOP control of Congress, it would be played up as a major defeat for President Donald Trump in the liberal mainstream media if Ossoff were to win either Tuesday night or in the runoff in June 20.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details