During an interview with FOX News Channel over the weekend, Dr. Ben Carson appeared to backtrack on his decision not to serve in the Trump administration, but to rather counsel President-elect Donald Trump as a Washington, D.C., outsider.
He told "The FOX Report" if, after meeting, the Presidential Transition Team decided to offer him a position in the government, he wouldn't turn it down. The retired neurosurgeon later retweeted a CNN reporter's "Breaking News" tweet about the statement.
Much of Carson's interview, however, was focused on his desire to see a change in the way the American media conducts itself. He called on the liberal mainstream media to hold a "national summit" to discuss how to provide more responsible coverage.
"[T]he media is the only business that is protected by our Constitution," he said. "They are supposed to be on the side of the people, they are not supposed to be distorting the information that they give in order to put forth a particular view point or an ideology and that is what they are doing."
Carson said the summit should focus on coming up with some rules they would agree to abide by, and that those rules would then be made public. Most journalists no longer know the rules anymore, he added, which is why "they act the way they do."
He said this is a message he's already been conveying with young journalists he meets, and he would be more than happy to serve as a moderator for the summit.
Meanwhile, his longtime friend and confidant, Armstrong Williams, wrote about the speculation surrounding whether or not Carson would serve in the Trump administration in an opinion piece written for WorldNetDaily. In it, he wrote:
Running an agency of the government is a management challenge that requires incredible organizational skills and expertise. The president entrusts his Cabinet officials with enormous responsibility and looks to them to master the details and muster the men and women who work within their agencies to accomplish the objectives at hand.
I have no doubt that Dr. Carson would have met and exceeded any challenge set before him and done a fantastic job. However, it's important to keep in mind that you can hire management, but not vision. It's a unique attribute that people either possess or not.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer