Feb. 1—the night of the Iowa Caucuses—seems like "forever ago," but the campaigns of Donald Trump and U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz set the stage that night for what was to come during the Republican presidential primary race.
So in a way, it all came back to where it started Thursday when the Texas senator stepped off "Trump Force Two" with GOP vice presidential nominee Indiana Gov. Mike Pence for a joint campaign appearance in the Hawkeye State. They also campaigned together in Michigan later in the day.
During the Iowa stop, they focused on issues that Cruz championed for the first several months of the campaign, leading up to his victory in the first-in-the-nation Iowa Caucuses. He said:
If you care about the Constitution and Bill of Rights, if you care about free speech and religious liberty and the Second Amendment, then this election—putting a Republican in the White House and keeping a Republican Senate—is the whole enchilada. We are one liberal Justice away from losing our constitutional rights.
After the event, with the liberal mainstream media trying to make create a narrative of "division in the ranks" of the GOP, Cruz put the matter to bed with the following statement:
I'm here campaigning for Donald Trump, for Mike Pence.
I recognize some of you guys are wanting to write stories suggesting divisions among Republicans. I'll make a point, I'm getting ready to get on a gigantic airplane that has Donald Trump's name painted on the side of it.
On Monday of this week I voted for Donald Trump. I voted for Mike Pence and I'll tell you, we're just a few days away from Election Day and I'm doing everything I can to defeat Hillary Clinton. Hillary Clinton would be an absolute disaster as president. I'm doing everything I can to keep a Republican majority in the Senate.
As Mike pointed out, I think there are many issues front and center in this election, but none is more important than the U.S. Supreme Court.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer