Dr. Jill Stein, the Green Party presidential candidate, says her campaign has seen a "surge"—both in reach and engagement—because she has refused to allow the political movement that has rallied to U.S. Sen. Bernie Sanders' campaign to be "co-opted" by Democratic Party presidential nominee-in-waiting Hillary Clinton.
As Sanders signals he's preparing the way to support Hillary, his supporters are less than enthusiastic about the move. They say Clinton epitomizes everything they are fighting against: greed, manipulation, and evil.
So, Stein is openly courting those supporters and urging them to back her campaign. The Greens are now using the hashtag #JillNotHill, and this somewhat recent tweet has been shared more than 6,200 times:
Oh really? So you will be giving back the over $40 million you've taken from Wall Street? Talk is cheap, Hillary. https://twitter.com/hillaryclinton/status/741024533059141632 ...
"If Bernie endorses Hillary, I urge Bernie's supporters not to throw in the towel," she said earlier this month. "Hillary is the antithesis of the revolution."
In another tweet, the Greens candidate wrote:
And while the reality is that every Democrat who switches allegiance to the Green Party will hurt Clinton's chances in the November election, simultaneously helping Donald Trump, Stein has tried to downplay that chatter from the mainstream media. She's not running to be a "spoiler," she says, but to "build a people's party" that can win.
Older Democrats, still left stinging from Ralph Nader's runs as the Green Party candidate in 2000 and 2004, have generally rejected any calls to defect from the Democratic Party establishment. However, younger voters who don't have those memories, and who have been backing Sanders in the Democratic primary, are exactly the people Stein is hoping to attract to her own cause.
Here are just a few of the "goodies" she's cooked into her campaign platform:
- "free" healthcare,
- "free" tuition,
- "free" basic income,
- guaranteed government work,
- a federally subsidized green energy revolution, and
- a moratorium on all foreclosures and evictions.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer