Tuesday, June 21, Donald Trump will meet with Christian faith leaders from around the country in an event that has been billed "A Conversation about America's Future."
Among the groups that have publicly stated they are taking part in the event are Concerned Women For America, My Faith Votes, Global Fund Group, FCCI, Vision America Action, AFA Action and Family Research Council. But the event was originally the vision of United in Purpose CEO Bill Dallas.
"This has been one of the craziest elections anyone can remember," he said in an exclusive interview with Charisma Caucus. "In this all-important election year, I thought, 'Why not go into a setting where we can talk to a candidate who will be on the ballot?'
"So, I reached out to Ben Carson, who was our connection to the Donald Trump campaign, and he helped us get a commitment from him."
Response to the invitation to attend has been "overwhelming," Dallas said. More than 1,000 pastors and Christian organizations' leaders requested to sit in on the "safe, civil and winsome" event where there will be questions and answers, not stump speeches or angry mobs.
"This is not going to be a coronation, and it's not going to be a rally," Dallas said. "It will be a safe environment whereby Donald Trump and the leaders will each be able to be completely open with one another. We don't want it to be a circus, that's why it will be a closed meeting."
For that reason, the list of participants is being closely guarded—unless those attending publicly say so—and those who are permitted to attend are closely vetted by the organizers. Dallas continually emphasized they goal was to establish a "safe environment" for everyone involved.
Some of the likely issues to be discussed are:
- economy and jobs;
- military issues;
- social issues, particularly abortion; and
- religious liberty.
Dallas said he is open to inviting Democratic presidential nominee-in-waiting Hillary Clinton to a similar event, if her campaign is willing. He said he had previously held off to await the determination of the party's nominee.
"When this all started out, it was just an idea," he said. "I didn't know if people would actually come. Now, it's the event everyone is talking about. It's phenomenal.
"I'm sensing something spiritual going on. It's a very organized phenomenon now."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details