So, you're a committed Christian who wants to fulfill your obligation to vote in November, but can't in good conscience vote for presumptive Republican Party nominee Donald Trump or either of the likely Democratic Party nominees.
The Constitution Party ticket of Darrell Castle and Scott Bradley would like to get your attention. Last month, at a party convention held in Salt Lake City, Utah, the strict constitutionalists were nominated to represent the principles of godly self-governance.
"If God raised me up and made me president of the United States, what I told the states, what I told you I would do, I will do, or die trying. So help me God," Castle said in his acceptance speech.
Castle is a native of Tennessee and a former combat officer in the U.S. Marine Corps, having fought in the Vietnam War. He is an attorney with law offices throughout the country and has taught courses on constitutional law.
In 1998, he and his wife, Joan, launched Mia's Children Foundation, a Christian mission based in Bucharest, Romania, which serves homeless gypsy children.
Castle espouses a platform that promotes adherence to the Constitution, withdrawal from the United Nations, an end to the Federal Reserve, protection of private property rights, and an absolute prohibition of abortion. The Constitution Party isn't perfect, he says, but it's "the best there is."
"The Constitution is the charter of liberty for the American Republic," he said. "It is much more than just a piece of paper or just a legal document. It is evidence of the grand design the founders left us and it secures the rights that God granted to us.
"In the Declaration of Independence, Mr. Jefferson told us that we are endowed by our Creator with certain unalienable rights and to secure these rights, governments are instituted among men. That is the purpose of government and the reason why the Constitution was and is necessary.
"Adherence to the Constitution brings liberty and ignoring and denigrating it brings tyranny."
Castle's running mate, Bradley, is a native of Utah and a former member of the National Guard. He has a doctoral degree in constitutional law and served in the administration at Utah State University for 16 years.
He is also the founder of the Constitution Commemoration Foundation, a non-profit educational organization to foster increased understanding of the Constitution and a "return to proper government as understood and practiced at the time of America's Founding." He also hosts a talk radio program dedicated to constitutional principles and their application to current political issues.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer