There's no question a battle is going on for the soul of our nation, says Stephen E. Strang, a best-selling author who has released his newest book, Trump Aftershock.
Believers can see it in the news, he adds, but also in the culture—sometimes even in our own families.
"Pundits would say the clash is between globalism and nationalism or between capitalism and socialism," Strang said. "As a Christian, I know this struggle is not just left versus right or Democrats versus Republicans. I believe it's between light and darkness, between good and evil. There's a spiritual nature to this conflict—spiritual warfare.
"What's really going on is unseen and unknown to most in our country—even to some believers whose spiritual eyes are not open or who choose to ignore this spiritual warfare," he added. "Yet, God is calling those who are spiritual to do battle for our nation. God is raising up voices to help us know what is happening. America stands again at a precipice. God is leading us to make better choices, just as He did with Israel. Moses and his people continued to wander in their comfortable, desolate wilderness and missed God's direction."
Strang adds that peace and harmony across the nation will only be achieved if another Great Awakening-type revival sweeps America in a spirit of repentance and commitment. He gives several action steps to help bring about this awakening:
- Get involved. Speak up to friends and family. Complain when media or others espouse principles that violate Judeo-Christian beliefs. Get your pastor to mobilize your church to be involved. Join other interceptors.
- Vote and become a Christian values activist. Remember that James said, "Faith without works is dead" (James 2:20b). Support godly candidates when you can. Support officials who respect our values and oppose those who don't.
- Last but not least, pray. Unbelievers can't. Nominal and liberal Christians won't. Prayer is left to those empowered by the Spirit of God, whose eyes have been opened to spiritual darkness, to stand in the gap for this nation.
"Revivals happened in earlier times," Strang said. "Can it happen again? This should be our prayer for America and the world. That would be the ultimate spiritual aftershock."
Trump Aftershock explores the "president's seismic impact on culture and faith in America" and uncovers unreported facts while objectively helping readers understand what the nation's most unlikely and unconventional president has accomplished.
Stephen E. Strang is the best-selling author of God and Donald Trump. The CEO and founder of Charisma Media, Strang was voted by Time magazine as one of the most influential evangelicals in America. He has traveled to more than 50 countries, has interviewed four U.S. presidents and has been featured on Fox News, CNN, MSNBC, CBN, Dr. James Dobson's "Family Talk" and The Daily Caller.
Trump Aftershock is published by FrontLine, an imprint of Charisma House, which has published books that challenge, encourage, teach and equip Christians, including 14 New York Times' best-sellers.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer