Top national evangelical leaders sent a letter to Airbnb to strongly condemn Airbnb's decision to discriminate against the state of Israel by removing Jewish-owned listings in Judea and Samaria; stating Airbnb's actions not only as discriminatory but anti-Semitic in nature.
Mario Bramnick, president of the Latino Coalition for Israel, who coordinated for such strong evangelical leadership support through the letter stated: "Airbnb has singled out Jewish persons and the state of Israel for discriminatory treatment, while continuing to list properties in other disputed territories and conflict areas around the globe. Moreover, it continues to list Palestinian-owned properties in Judea and Samaria; only Jewish-owned properties have been singled [out]."
"Given the fact that Israel is the only democracy in the entire Middle East, one would think that Airbnb would not succumb to the inexcusable prejudice, blatant intolerance and Israelaphobia demonstrated by their anti-Semitic stance," Dr. Jim Garlow, Founder & CEO of Well Versed, said.
"Airbnb's actions are clearly anti-Semitic. This is blatant racism and bigoted discrimination," Former U.S. Congresswoman and Presidential candidate Michelle Bachmann said.
The letter, signed by the 38 evangelical leaders, read:
"Evangelicals represent 25-30 percent of the American population and strongly support the nation of Israel, the birthplace of our own Christian heritage. Some of our leadership were particularly active in the creation of many state laws designed to regulate against commercial discrimination of this nature. We will request of state authorities that Airbnb be added to their list of companies prohibited from any state investment."
The letter further stated: "Airbnb's discriminatory action has no place in our community. As leaders of national and international evangelical organizations and communities, we urge Airbnb to rescind their decision to discriminate against Jewish-owned listings in Judea and Samaria."
Some of the signers include:
Mario Bramnick, Esquire, Latino Coalition for Israel; Tony Perkins, Family Research Council; Ralph Reed, Faith & Freedom Coalition; Bishop Harry Jackson, Hope Christian Church, Beltsville, Maryland; Congresswoman Michele Bachmann; Susan Michael, International Christian Embassy Jerusalem; Dr. Jim Garlow, Well Versed; Bishop Marcus Lamb, Daystar Television; Ward Simpson, God TV; David Barton, WallBuilders; Bob Vander Plaats, The Family Leader; Kelly Monroe Kullberg, American Association of Evangelicals; and Frank Gaffney, Center for Security Policy.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details