Judge Brett Kavanaugh's accuser, Christine Blasey Ford, indicated she would be willing to testify before the Senate Judiciary Committee provided certain conditions are met, The New York Times reports.
In an email sent by her lawyers, Ford told the Senate Judiciary Committee she "would be prepared to testify next week," as long as lawmakers offer "terms that are fair and which ensure her safety."
"As you are aware, she has been receiving death threats, which have been reported to the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and she and her family have been forced out of their home," the email read.
Ford also said that testifying on Monday, as committee Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, had scheduled, "is not possible and the committee's insistence that it occur then is arbitrary in any event."
On Wednesday, Grassley said the hearing will move forward.
"And we're not going to cancel any hearing until the last minute. I don't know what the last minute is," he said.
But later, Grassley sent a letter to Blasey Ford setting a Friday deadline for her to respond to the invitation to testify. Blasey Ford says Supreme Court nominee Kavanaugh sexually assaulted her at a high school party 35-years ago. Kavanaugh has completely denied the allegations.
On the CBN News program the Global Lane, former Milwaukee County Sheriff David Clarke said the Kavanaugh allegations parallel tactics used by the Left against Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas back in 1991.
Clarke said swamp politics can ruin reputations, just like they did with Thomas, who called the tactics used against him a high-tech lynching.
At his October 1991 hearing, Thomas said, "There is nothing this committee, this body, or this country can do to give me my good name back."
For the rest of this story, visit our content partners at CBNNews.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.