Sixty-five women who say they have known Judge Brett Kavanaugh since high school are coming to the Supreme Court nominee's defense after allegations of sexual misconduct were leveled at the judge this week.
On Thursday, Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-California, announced she'd forwarded a letter from an anonymous constituent to the FBI reportedly alleging a decades-old incident involving Kavanaugh and a girl from high school.
Judge Kavanaugh, meanwhile, is emphatically denying the allegations.
"I categorically and unequivocally deny this allegation. I did not do this back in high school or at any time," he said in a statement Friday.
And in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee, Kavanaugh's 65 former classmates are throwing their support behind the 53-year-old nominee, insisting the charges are false.
"We are women who have known Brett Kavanaugh for more than 35 years and knew him while he attended high school between 1979 and 1983. For the entire time we have known Brett Kavanaugh, he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect," read the letter. "We strongly believe it is important to convey this information to the committee at this time."
Shortly after Senate Judiciary Chairman Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, announced the committee will vote on Kavanaugh's nomination next Thursday, Feinstein called for a delay, citing new information on the nominee.
Feinstein told Republicans she sent a letter to the FBI to review but did not show it to any Senate Judiciary Committee Republicans. According to Fox News, Feinstein received the letter in July from Rep. Anna Eshoo, D-California, but did not reveal it publicly until Thursday.
For the rest of this story, visit our content partners at CBNNews.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.