Today, Sandra 'Susan' Merritt is asking the San Francisco Superior Court to compel California's Attorney General Xavier Becerra, and his predecessor—now Senator Kamala Harris—to testify regarding their coordination with Planned Parenthood to bring about the discriminatory prosecution against Merritt.
In Merritt's previously filed motion to dismiss for selective prosecution, Liberty Counsel points out that—despite numerous examples of undercover journalism in California—no undercover journalist has ever been charged with illegal undercover recording. To explain the reason for this unprecedented prosecution, Merritt's motion documents an extensive scheme of coordination between Planned Parenthood and Becerra and Harris, the former attorney general who now is a member of the U.S. Senate and serves on the Senate Judiciary Committee.
This coordination includes campaign contributions, joint legislative lobbying to enact new laws to benefit Planned Parenthood, public pledges by Becerra and Harris to "Stand with Planned Parenthood" and, most troubling, a meeting between Harris and top Planned Parenthood officials that took place only two weeks before Harris' investigators decided to seize the videotape evidence gathered by Merritt and David Daleiden.
Harris and Becerra are refusing to testify as to their dealings with Planned Parenthood, despite being properly subpoenaed. The court is expected to decide at today's hearing whether Harris and Becerra will be required to testify at the Oct. 4, 2018, hearing on the motion to dismiss.
"California Attorney General Xavier Becerra and Sen. Kamala Harris must reveal the truth about their coordination with Planned Parenthood," said Liberty Counsel Founder and Chairman Mat Staver. "The same attorney general who filed unprecedented criminal charges has publicly declared he stands with Planned Parenthood. This is a blatant conflict of interest and the public has a right to know."
For the original article, visit lc.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details