The hearing for SCOTUS nominee Judge Brett Kavanaugh began Tuesday with an atmosphere of chaos, hecklers and interruptions. Senator Chuck Grassley could barely start the hearing by saying "Good Morning" before Democratic senators started interrupting him.
In the first 40 minutes, there were 44 total interruptions.
Approximately 70 people were arrested yesterday. Sixty-one were removed from the Senate Judiciary Committee room and charged with disorderly conduct, and nine removed from the second floor of the Dirksen Senate Office Building and charged with crowding, obstruction or incommoding.
In fact, the atmosphere became so offensive that Ashley Kavanaugh, the judge's wife, was forced to quickly escort her visibly upset young daughters from the hearing room. Judge Kavanaugh's parents were also visibly upset by the vulgar shouts of the protestors.
Abortion activists wearing red robes and white bonnets from The Handmaid's Tale lined the balconies in the Hart Senate Office Building as the hearing began. The liberal group calling itself Demand Justice, a pro-abortion group that works closely with Planned Parenthood, claimed to be behind the protests.
The so-called Women's March, led by its co-founder and anti-Semite Linda Sarsour, is also stating it organized the protest which included women with blood on them.
"The disrespect and disruption of this confirmation process is unprecedented, uncivil, and mean-spirited," says Liberty Counsel founder and chairman Mat Staver. "It is a shame that the Senate committee room has become so filled with vile that Judge Kavanaugh is not able to have his children attend the hearing. We need to pray for Judge Kavanaugh, his family and this entire confirmation process."
Liberty Counsel is working with Faith & Action to bring daily Facebook Live updates. Peggy Nienaber with Faith & Action personally witnessed protesters getting paid $50 to disrupt the hearing.
They also receive free breakfast, lunch and bail money. She has personally confirmed the reports of protesters getting paid to disrupt the hearing.
For the original article, visit lc.org.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.