Those expecting a showdown throughout Judge Brett Kavanaugh's Senate confirmation hearing were not disappointed Tuesday and Wednesday. A steady stream of protesters interrupted often contentious opening statements from both sides of the aisle.
"Mr. Chairman, I think we ought to have this loudmouth removed," Sen. Orrin Hatch, R-Utah, said of one noisy protester. "We shouldn't have to put up with this kind of stuff."
The long-awaited hearing kicked off with about 90 minutes of Democrats complaining about the availability of documents from Kavanaugh's time working for the administration of George W. Bush.
"What are we trying to hide?" Sen. Patrick Leahy, D-Vermont, demanded. "Why are we rushing?"
Democrats called for a delay until thousands of those pages are available for them to fully review.
Republicans say Kavanaugh's hundreds of public rulings while serving as a judge provide plenty of evidence about the way he would behave as a Supreme Court justice.
Sen. Kamala Harris, D-California, came down hard on Kavanaugh, saying she's deeply concerned that he's too guided by partisanship.
Kavanaugh finally got his chance for rebuttal late in the afternoon, making his case as a neutral, impartial judge.
"I don't decide cases based on personal or policy preferences," he told the Senate panel. "I am not a pro-plaintiff or pro-defendant judge. I am not a pro-prosecution or pro-defense judge. I am a pro-law judge."
For the rest of this story, visit our content partners at CBNNews.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.