Funeral arrangements are being finalized for Senator John McCain, who died Saturday at the age of 81.
McCain, who represented Arizona in Congress for 35 years, will also lie in state at the Arizona Capitol before burial in Annapolis, Maryland, according to The New York Times.
Two Republicans also told the Times that former Presidents George W. Bush and Barack Obama have been asked to give eulogies at McCain's funeral.
Former presidents and his colleagues who served with McCain in the House and the Senate posted tributes on social media Saturday. But none was more poignant than his wife Cindy's words.
"My heart is broken," she wrote. "I am so lucky to have lived the adventure of loving this incredible man for 38 years. He passed the way he lived, on his own terms, surrounded by the people he loved, in the place he loved best."
Evangelist Franklin Graham shared Megan McCain's post on Twitter, writing: "Our deepest sympathy and prayers for the family of @SenJohnMcCain. This man gave so much for our nation and will be greatly missed."
Sarah Palin, the former governor of Alaska who was also McCain's running mate in the 2008 presidential election wrote:
"Today we lost an American original. Sen. John McCain was a maverick and a fighter, never afraid to stand for his beliefs. John never took the easy path in life—and through sacrifice and suffering he inspired others to serve something greater than self."
For the rest of this story, visit our content partners at CBNNews.com. Copyright The Christian Broadcasting Network, all rights reserved.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details