Internal Facebook analytics reveal that as of Thursday, Aug. 16, at 10:00 p.m. PDT, posts by PragerU on the social media platform have been completely invisible to its more than 3 million followers. In a post by PragerU media personality Will Witt, the nonprofit revealed that the organization's last nine posts have been blocked by the social network, including two videos which have been deleted completely as "hate speech." Currently, visitors to PragerU's Facebook page are unable to see any of its most recent posts:
"Our last 9 posts have been completely censored reaching 0 of our 3 million followers. At least two of our video posts were deleted last night for 'hate speech' including a post of our recent video with The Conservative Millennial, Make Men Masculine Again, " wrote Will Witt on Facebook.
"This is a first for us," says PragerU CMO Craig Strazzeri. "While we've experienced blatant discrimination from Google/YouTube, which is why we've filed legal action against them, this represents a whole new level of censorship by Facebook. At this point, Facebook has provided little clarity saying it will get back to us in another two to three business days, which in the world of social media might as well be an eternity.
"This is very troubling behavior from the world's largest social network. Not only are they obviously ratcheting up their algorithms to target mainstream, conservative content and labeling it as hate speech, but they are now completely blocking our posts from public view. This is shocking and it should deeply concern every single American."
This newest development on Facebook comes just 10 months after PragerU first filed its lawsuit against Google/YouTube in U.S. District Court, and just days after discovering that 47 additional PragerU videos have been restricted by YouTube. This brings the total number of PragerU videos restricted on YouTube to 88, or more than 10 percent of educational nonprofit's entire online media library. Many families enable restricted mode in order to keep inappropriate and objectionable adult and sexual content away from their children, not to prevent them from watching animated, age-appropriate, educational videos.
PragerU v. Google/YouTube, has placed the educational media organization at the center of a heated national debate about freedom of speech online, and carries with it profound implications for both the future of the First Amendment and more generally, political debate in America. The court case is currently being appealed at the Ninth Circuit Court. More than a half million grassroots supporters have added their names to PragerU's online petition and thousands more have donated in support of the organization's legal fund.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details