Clark County Public School District is pushing to adopt new policies that would violate students' privacy, endanger children and make schools less safe, despite community opposition.
On Thursday, Aug. 9, the school board will be voting on policies that will allow students to use bathrooms, locker rooms and showers based on their gender identity rather than their biological sex.
Teachers, students, staff and volunteers in the school district also will be required use the pronoun the student prefers. Any students who refuse to refer to so-called "transgender" students by the name or gender with which they identify, could face discipline. Another proposed policy, which would require the teaching of gender fluidity in classroom activities for K-12, states: "Classroom activities shall be relevant, meaningful and appropriate for students with diverse gender identities or expressions and do not discriminate or segregate according to gender identity or expression."
More than 60 percent of county residents do not support the policies, which are not required by state or federal law. In fact, federal law specifically provides that private facilities separated based on biological sex do not violate laws against sex discrimination. Federal law also does not include "gender identity" in the definition of "sex discrimination."
"Clark County Public Schools must protect its students, not place them in danger or violate their privacy," says Liberty Counsel Founder and Chairman Mat Staver. "Schools should be a place where students feel safe to use bathrooms and locker rooms. Allowing boys to use girls' bathrooms and locker rooms defies common sense."
For the original article, visit lc.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details