Joining together with Pastor Jack Graham, Johnnie Moore and other evangelical leaders, Pastor Jentezen Franklin traveled to the Youth for Tomorrow center in Bristow, Virginia, on Friday to gain an in-depth perspective on the situations migrant children are facing and the care they are receiving here in the U.S. During the visit, Pastor Franklin had the opportunity to serve lunch and personally help distribute clothing and school supplies to the children.
"Seeing for myself the great care and protection that Youth for Tomorrow provides for migrant children was a breath of fresh air," said Pastor Franklin. "I've heard time and again how perilous it is for young people to be making the journey to the U.S. Escaping the hands of smugglers and evading the all-too-common fate of human trafficking is a traumatic experience. What these children have endured until now is horrific, and I pray every American looks upon each of these precious children with compassion and finds a way to lend a helping hand."
Most of the youth at the facility are actually unaccompanied minors from Central America who have been taken on a trip over the U.S. and Mexico border against their will by cartels and "coyotes." Upon being rescued from this dangerous situation, they are each assigned a caseworker at Youth for Tomorrow. They are seen by a medical professional and also given a psychological evaluation. Pastor Franklin is encouraging churches and youth centers around the country like Youth for Tomorrow to continue to find a way to care for these innocent young people.
Franklin went on to emphasize the urgent need for immigration reform to help prevent these situations saying, "I continue to plead with Congress to find a permanent solution to secure our border. Doing so will dramatically reduce the risk of cartels taking advantage of children and more falling victim to violent gangs, sexual abuse and human trafficking. If the men and women at our nation's capital are actually serious about helping desperate families and innocent children, they will do the right thing and restore law and order at our southern border."
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details