Despite the nearly constant negative media coverage, a new Rasmussen poll has found that President Donald Trump's approval rating is higher than the same point in Barack Obama's presidency.
As of last week, Newsweek reported, 50 percent of likely voters approved of Trump's job performance. "On this date during year two of Obama's first term," Newsweek added, "43 percent of likely voters approved of how the president was performing, the same poll found."
Stephen E. Strang, author of the best-selling God and Donald Trump, says Trump's fulfilled promises, a strong economy and an impactful State of the Union address all contributed to the success.
"If we relied on mainstream media coverage," Strang said, "we might come to the conclusion that Donald Trump is the worst president in history. But his approval rating proves that he is making strides and, in fact, has had more success in his first year than former President Barack Obama. The fact is that Donald Trump has done what he said he would do—put more Americans back to work, cut taxes for individuals and corporations, defended life, protected religious liberties, secured our borders and fought forces intent on destroying America. There is only more to come, and although this leader is certainly unconventional, President Trump is crossing more and more off his presidential 'to-do' list."
In God and Donald Trump, Strang gives an inside look at the Donald Trump campaign, election and the presidency thus far, including how he engaged with evangelicals and other faith groups to claim victory.
Strang is an award-winning journalist and successful businessman who began his career as a newspaper reporter at the Orlando Sentinel. He later founded a Christian publishing house and media company while interviewing and writing about nearly every Christian leader in the country over the past four decades.
God and Donald Trump is published by Frontline, an imprint of Charisma House, which has published books that challenge, encourage, teach and equip Christians, including 14 New York Times best-sellers.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details