I've been troubled in my spirit for some time over what I call the "monthly prophecy" trend. We see prophets—and even those who don't claim to be prophets—releasing a brand-spanking new, shiny, happy, prophetic word chock-full of super-duper life-changing promises each and every month.
You'll hear them prophesy "it's the month of this" or "the month of that" or "the month of the other." Every first of the month, without fail, they have a freshly minted prophetic word for the body of Christ. Not just one, but scores and scores and scores of monthly prophetic words circulate social media each. Many people are anticipating them with great excitement!
The problem is, most of those prophecies fail. They fall right to the ground with a loud thud that echoes. The prophetic word did not prosper because it did not come out of God's mouth. Rather, it returned void. And yet the very next month, these social media prophets—motivated by clicks, likes and CashApp cha-chings—pontificate about prophetic promises that must surely come to pass in a 30-day window. Is there no shame?
Calling Out Monthly Prognosticators
I was writing entries for my Seer's Dictionary when I came across this Scripture that made my jaw drop. We find it in Isaiah 47:13-14 (NKJV, emphasis mine) reads:
"You are wearied in the multitude of your counsels; Let now the astrologers, the stargazers, and the monthly prognosticators stand up and save you from what shall come upon you. Behold, they shall be as stubble, the fire shall burn them; They shall not deliver themselves from the power of the flame; It shall not be a coal to be warmed by, nor a fire to sit before!"
What is a prognosticator, you ask? One who foretells from signs and symptoms, according to Merriam-Webster's Dictionary. Here's how it works: One of the monthly prophets felt the wind blow, and suddenly it's the month of the wind of God. God didn't say it, but it tickles people's ears and loosens their purse strings.
Click here to read the rest of this article.
Jennifer LeClaire is senior leader of Awakening House of Prayer in Fort Lauderdale, Florida, founder of the Ignite Network and founder of the Awakening Blaze prayer movement. She is author of over 25 books. Find her online at jenniferleclaire.org or email her at email@example.com.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer