A Contemplative Rhyme During a Crisis
This is a meditation based on Ephesians 1:3 during the coronavirus outbreak.
Unto you, O Lord, I will lift up my soul (Ps. 25:1)
Lest the stress of the day takes a toll
And precludes me from being whole.
But I took a deep breath and began to recount (Ps. 77:11)
His faithfulness that makes my heart stout.
Yes, ever closer will I be
Lest I fall into the trap of the enemy.
Though tossed to and fro by the waters
I cling to the horns of His altar (Ps. 118:27).
And I'm reminded by the Spirit of the Lord (John 14:26)
The inspired words that make my faith strong (Rom. 10:17).
That I have been blessed with every spiritual blessing in His heavenly place (Eph. 1:3)
His profound peace always abounds through His amazing grace! (John 14:27).
Though the earth be unstable, my heart is able
To center in the One who gave the Earth its birth (Ps. 46:1-3).
Hence, I walk in heavenly places, which informs my earthly paces (Eph. 2:4-6).
By faith all can enter His rest, in spite of the insurmountable test! (Heb. 4:6-11).
Though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death (Ps. 23:4)
I'm filled with the height and depth of His love (Eph. 3:16-20).
I will live and not die (Ps. 118:17)
Because I'm the apple of His eye (Zech. 2:8)
Though I abide, in the eye of the storm (Matt. 7:24-27).
Though my flesh is subject to Chronos time (2 Cor. 4:16)
My appointments are set by a Kairos divine (Eph. 5:15-16).
Since my impulse does not emanate from social media
But from One who orchestrates His earthly theater (Eph. 1:11).
Though my earthly sojourn is not long (Ps. 90:10)
I anticipate being among His heavenly throng (Heb. 12:22-23).
During this journey He does exceedingly more than I think (Eph. 3:20)
Since the price was paid by the blood of His Prince (1 Pet. 1:18-19).
Through Him every dominion and authority met their defeat (Col. 2:15)
While His fullness was bequeathed to His body (Eph. 1:23)
Who tread scorpions under their feet (Luke 10:17-20).
So be encouraged and do not fear (Isa. 41:10)
Rejoice that the believer's time of redemption draweth near (Rom. 13:11).
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details