Many pastors are reading books on leadership and marketing written by corporate leaders or folks speaking from an American corporate ethos. Oftentimes the biblical ethos in regards to the local church model is missed. The following 10 points show the difference between the two models:
1. The corporate model views others of their business ilk as their competition; the church model should be one of identifying ways to network and partner with churches in the community.
2. The corporate model hires outsiders for the best possible laborers; the church should primarily grow their workers from within.
3. The corporate model attempts to maneuver and place businesses in the best possible location to squash the competition and monopolize the market; the church model is one of empowering other churches so that a community or city can experience the saving reality of Christ.
4. The corporate model often majors on marketing; the church model should be focusing on substance and content.
5. The corporate model focuses on numbers; the church model on discipleship.
6. The corporate model focuses on outreach; the church model focuses on both in-reach and outreach.
7. The corporate model bases its methodologies and marketing on its capital and profit goals; the church model bases its methodologies and marketing on the church's God-given vision and mission.
8. The corporate model emphasizes long- and short-term planning before success; the church model emphasizes long-term praying before planning and blessing.
9. The corporate model emphasizes specific, attainable success measurable in financial gain; the church model emphasizes impossible faith goals not fully measurable until the Judgment Seat of Christ.
10. The corporate model's goal is the accumulation of wealth for self-gain; the church model's goal is to properly steward God's wealth to confirm His covenant and to bless the families of the earth.
Joseph Mattera is an internationally known author, futurist, interpreter of culture and activist/theologian whose mission is to influence leaders who influence nations. He leads several organizations, including The United States Coalition of Apostolic Leaders (uscal.us). He also has a blog on Charisma magazine called "The Pulse." To order one of his books or to subscribe to his weekly newsletter go to josephmattera.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details