I've been stirred of late to do my little part in helping to prepare the church for the tumultuous decade of the 2020s that is just ahead of us. My new book, Cleansing The Temple, was the beginning of a small part of that, but there is so much more to say. I hope you will heed what the Lord is saying and doing in this great hour to both prepare and position His church for the coming days.
2020 will be a year when the nation will be totally divided. It will be the year that will see the election of your lifetime. —Mario Murillo
I have said it for years. The Bible confirms it. Bittersweet times are ahead. The darkness will get darker. The light will grow brighter. The distinction between the righteous and unrighteous, the true church and the carnal, compromising church will be much more visible.
In many ways, the decade of the 2020s will be the most tumultuous decade in American history.
Take a look at this definition of tumultuous: making a loud, confused noise; uproarious. Now read these next definitions slowly while thinking of the recent 2016 elections up till now:
"Loud, deafening, thunderous, thundering, ear-shattering, ear-splitting, ear-piercing, uproarious, noisy, clamorous, vociferous, excited, confused or disorderly."
Here are some more synonyms: "tempestuous, stormy, turbulent, in turmoil, passionate, intense, explosive, violent, volatile and full of upheavals."
Are you getting the picture? If what many of us are sensing is true, we are in for a wild roller coaster ride of a lifetime. I sincerely believe this is the finest hour for the rising remnant people of God.
The Conspiracy Pre-Election Essay and the Head-On Collision With the Global Liberal Swamp
A conspiracy essay was written in 2015 concerning a possible Trump presidency. I wondered why no one took credit for the article. To this day, no one really knows who wrote it. Here is what the article said:
They will kill him before they let him be president. It could be a Republican or a Democrat that instigates the shutting up of Trump. Don't be surprised if Trump has an accident. Some people are getting very nervous: Barack Obama, Valerie Jarrett, Eric Holder, Hillary Clinton and Jon Corzine, to name just a few.
It's about the unholy dynamics between big government, big business, and big media. They all benefit by the billions of dollars from this partnership, and it's in all of their interests to protect one another. It's one for all and all for one.
It's a ... filthy relationship that makes everyone filthy rich, everyone except the American people. We get ripped off. We're the patsies. But for once, the powerful socialist cabal and the corrupt crony capitalists are scared. The over-the-top reaction to Trump by politicians of both parties, the media and the biggest corporations of America has been so swift and insanely angry that it suggests they are all threatened and frightened like never before.
Donald Trump can self-fund. No matter how much they say to the contrary, the media, business, and political elite understand that Trump is no joke. He could actually win and upset their nice cozy apple cart.
It's no coincidence that everyone has gotten together to destroy The Donald. It's because most of the other politicians are part of the good old boys club. They talk big, but they won't change a thing. They are all beholden to big-money donors. They are all owned by lobbyists, unions, lawyers, gigantic environmental organizations and multinational corporations ... like Big Pharma or Big Oil.
How mysteriously accurate this article was when the odds of a Donald Trump presidency were still very remote! Thank God, he has not been assassinated. He needs our prayers now more than ever. He just turned 73 years old, and the pressure of a second term will be immense and could take a toll on his aging body and mind.
Can you see the miracle his election was? And while Trump is not the savior of our country in the spiritual sense, he is the beginning of a miracle for the church. I see him as a sort of gatekeeper keeping America from a stay of execution. As I heard one national voice say, he is an act of God to buy the church time to repent and return to her rightful role in American life. No, Trump is not a pastor or a moral reformer, but he is clearly an instrument of restraint to a full- blown national political, moral and spiritual disaster. If the church doesn't seize the time and opportunity God has opened and become watchful and prayerful, disaster will strike on America like the serpent's head.
What the Church Must Do
God has a divine response to every demonic plan. Since the days of Christ's crucifixion and glorious resurrection, the devil is the ultimate symbol of defeat. He is just a puppet to those who are not ignorant of his devices. It is only through the weapon of deceit that he holds the world in bondage. We who know his true state continually exercise our authority over him. This marks one of the chief differences between the true church and the carnal, compromising church in this hour. Believers must maintain two positions in these evil days: Lay low before the Lord in consecration and prayer, and stand up against the forces of darkness in the authority of Jesus Christ.
- The first order for the church is to be in agreement with God. Sadly, many professing believers are on the devil's side. You cannot walk in the authority of Christ if you're living in sin and walking in darkness. Remember that a house or a kingdom divided against itself will not stand (Matt. 12:25-30). The church cannot tacitly approve abortion, same-sex marriage and remain silent against all the evils that have infiltrated and are now dominating American culture. We cannot ignore and live in the politically correct zone concerning the dangers of radical Islam and the anti-Christ agenda in America. Silence in such an evil day is grief to the Holy Spirit and a certain impending judgment.
- The second order for the church must be to forsake church growth-ism and popularity, and actually restore and nurture kingdom culture. Simply put, attendance on Sunday morning is great, but the kingdom encompasses a lifestyle. The awakened church is transitioning from an image-based, consumer-driven enterprise to a relationship-based, kingdom-consumed army. What this means is not just receiving people into our church buildings but receiving them into our hearts, lives, and even homes. This will cost us everything but joy and peace will fill our hearts as we labor in the harvest fields of humanity.
- Thirdly, the commitment to love and the increase of the manifestation of the supernatural power of God is what will catapult the church into far greater effectiveness and fruitfulness in the coming decade. Believers will learn to live Spirit-filled lives, and a holy love and devotion to one another will mark their walk with God. I am seeing this love and honor growing among the remnant wherever I go. Ministers are preferring one another before themselves. Local shepherds are reaching out to other local shepherds and cultivating relationship and prayer with them. This is actually a move of the Spirit that will quietly mushroom and affect entire economies as this unity prevails. The true church will be a place of refuge for multitudes who will find true peace and fulfillment within its embrace.
God is preparing and positioning us for great battles and great victories in the tumultuous 2020s. We are now in a precursor time of repentance, judgment and cleansing.
Due to the diverse nature of the church, she will continue to take on many forms and structures, and the Lord will use and bless each as much as He can because He loves people. But the awakened rising remnant and those who truly know their covenant-keeping God will do exploits.
Our books are forerunners to personal holiness, the move of God, and the return of the Lord. They also combat the departure from the faith and the turning away from the truth we are seeing in our day.
Bert Farias' books are forerunners to personal holiness, the move of God, and the return of the Lord. They also combat the departure from the faith and turning away from the truth we are seeing today. The Tumultuous 2020s and Beyond is his latest release to help believers navigate through the new decade and emerge as an authentic remnant. Other materials/resources are available on his website, Holy Fire Ministries. You can follow him personally on Facebook, his Facebook ministry page, or Twitter.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details