Our nation is divided. The church is divided. While secularism, humanism, darkness and pure evil continues to rise in the nation, sexual immorality, worldliness, financial corruption, gross doctrinal error, the flaky prophetic, cessationism and sensationalism are also increasing in the church. The tares are many and they continue to grow among the wheat.
There is a virgin church and a harlot church. As a significant part of the virgin church, there is also in essence, an underground—nearly invisible remnant, void of the deadness and indifference that marks much of the institutionalized mainline and denominational churches, and the noise and hype of the ineffective Pentecostal/charismatic church. We believe there will be a swelling of power among those presently hidden.
Spiritual deadness is a crime of the highest degree in my book, and more importantly, in God's book (Luke 9:60). Jesus Christ breathed life into His disciples (John 20:22), and then sent them to Jerusalem to be empowered (Acts 1:8). Too many are living in the twilight zone of that generational promise (Acts 2:39). Cessationism is a beast with sharp teeth that has bitten many in the church. And yet, not all is well in the Pentecostal/charismatic church either.
First off, sensationalism is a problem. The Pentecostal/charismatic church is way too gullible. Too many are teaching that one can prophesy at will, move in revelation at will, call down heaven and command angels at will, receive mantles from dead people, claim double portions of your favorite anointed preacher, and the list goes on. And if that wasn't enough to shame us, a large portion of the Pentecostal/charismatic church lacks in godly character. Our testimony before society and our communities is as a clanging symbol and noisy gong because we manifest little genuine love. We talk too much and don't walk hardly at all.
Not every church that bears the name of Jesus Christ is legitimate. Therein lies the great deception. Perhaps in its short history, our nation has never been in more need of the display of the manifold wisdom of God through a holy and glorious church than now.
"So that now the manifold wisdom of God might be made known by the church to the principalities and powers in the heavenly places" (Eph. 3:10).
Meanwhile, principalities and powers operating through Obama's minions are extremely active in grass roots movements across the nation in the way of organized protests and uprisings as they fuel their quest to overthrow our president's efforts to restore a sense of moral sanity, national pride and military prowess and security into the fabric of our culture. The assault is vicious and venomous as a poisonous and deadly snake. What is currently happening in the state of California is the head of that snake. To the keen spiritual observer and even to those who have not discarded common sense, these attacks clearly have its origin in a strong demonic source.
No president in American history has ever been opposed to this degree. Half of our nation has no honor, no respect, no discernment and frankly, no common sense whatsoever. Unregenerate half-wits they are, intent on rushing headlong into a socialist/communist mentality with big government and a one-world-order agenda attached to it—one that shall surely prepare the way for the Antichrist one day soon and is now.
What America needs most right now is straight talk that is void of the demonic politically correct rhetoric and usual empty generalities held to by government officials and those in public office. Enter Donald J. Trump—called by many, "the human wrecking ball." He is a very flawed man, but I have no doubts that God is using him to fulfill some of His purposes for this land.
Not too long ago, according to my sources, a minister, Joe Wright, was asked to address the Kansas Senate, and he rattled their cages with the kind of straight talk we desperately need today. Here is a part of his speech:
- We have lost our spiritual equilibrium and reversed our values.
- We have ridiculed the absolute truth of Your Word and called it Pluralism.
- We have worshipped other gods and called it multiculturalism.
- We have endorsed perversion and called it alternative lifestyle.
- We have exploited the poor and called it the lottery.
- We have rewarded laziness and called it welfare.
- We have killed our unborn and called it choice.
- We have shot abortionists and called it justifiable.
- We have neglected to discipline our children and called it building self-esteem.
- We have abused power and called it politics.
- We have embezzled public funds and called it essential expenses.
- We have institutionalized bribery and called it sweets of office.
- We have coveted our neighbor's possessions and called it ambition.
- We have polluted the air with profanity and pornography and called it freedom of expression.
- We have ridiculed the time-honored values of our forefathers and called it enlightenment.
I'm not a doomsday preacher, because I know the glorious church of Jesus Christ and His holy remnant is on the rise. In fact, this past century alone, the Pentecostal/charismatic movement and subsequent outpourings of the Spirit have recorded more miraculous conversions than any other time in history. Many regions of the world are experiencing revival and rapid church growth. My prayer is that the Lord would do the same here in our own backyard.
As a preacher of righteousness my sole hope is in the glorious virgin church that Jesus is building—one who walks in holy character, real raw and undeniable power, and has learned to exercise its authority in the unseen realm of prayer and fasting.
The virgin or the harlot? Which church will you be a part of?
Bert Farias' books are forerunners to personal holiness, the move of God, and the return of the Lord. They also combat the departure from the faith and turning away from the truth we are seeing today. The Tumultuous 2020s and Beyond is his latest release to help believers navigate through the new decade and emerge as an authentic remnant. Other materials/resources are available on his website, Holy Fire Ministries. You can follow him personally on Facebook, his Facebook ministry page, or Twitter.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer