While the American Food and Drug Administration says it is not certain of long-term effects of the new Pfizer coronavirus vaccine, an Israeli medical official claims he believes "there is no true reasons to think" there would be, The Jerusalem Post has reported.
Tal Brosh, head of the Infectious Disease Unit at Samson Assuta Ashdod University Hospital, says he cannot claim to know what is going to happen in the next 10 years, but has a positive outlook on the effectiveness of the new vaccine and the potential for problems.
Brosh told the Jerusalem Post that "there is no other vaccine that was evaluated for a decade before approval and that there is not an example of another vaccine—although no other vaccine is an mRNA vaccine, that has been linked to any significant long-term effects."
Michael Linial, a professor of biological chemistry at Hebrew University of Jerusalem, says if the reaction to the vaccine wasn't immediate, most likely it wouldn't happen at all.
"There is no evidence of something happening unless it happened in the first two hours, two weeks or two months," Linial says. "We do not know of any other examples in which the immune system decided to suddenly react that was given 15 years prior."
The Jerusalem Post reported that more than 2 billion people worldwide have been vaccinated against COVID-19, with more than five billion doses distributed. Approximately 210 million Pfizer mRNA doses have been distributed in America. In Israel, more than 8.5 million doses have been administered.
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, The Jerusalem Post reports, says mRNA vaccines "teach our cells how to make protein—or even just a piece of a protein—that triggers an immune response inside our bodies. That immune response, which produces antibodies, is what protects us from getting infected if the real virus enters our bodies."
But Brosh says that does not mean the vaccine changes people's genetic code.
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details