Democrat New York Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez has praised fellow Democrat, Minnesota Rep. Ilhan Omar, for claiming Republicans' support for Israel is bought by the American Israel Public Affairs Committee (AIPAC).
"Unlike this President, Rep. Omar demonstrated a capacity to acknowledge pain & apologize, to use the opportunity to learn about the history of anti-Semitism grow from it while clarifying her stance," Ocasio-Cortez tweeted.
Omar is facing massive backlash after she quote-tweeted a link to an article written by Israeli media sources in which House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy threatened punishment against Omar and Democratic Michigan Rep. Rashida Tlaib, America's first two Muslim congresswomen. Both Omar and Tlaib have been embroiled in allegations of anti-Semitism.
While Omar has been in office less than two months, she has been surrounded by a number of controversies involving anti-Semitism. The freshman congresswoman defended anti-Israeli statements, such as ones invoking Allah to expose Israel's "evil doings," and she has come out in favor of the Boycott, Divestment and Sanctions (BDS) movement, which seeks to punish the nation-state of Israel by economically depriving the country for its alleged mistreatment of Palestinians living in the Gaza Strip and Judea and Samaria.
Omar was also on the record implying that Israel is not a democracy and gave an interview to a host that called Israel "Jewish ISIS." Ocasio-Cortez has likewise made some eyebrow-raising statements about Jews.
The New York congresswoman also received backlash after she expressed gratitude for her correspondence with Jeremy Corbyn, the leader of the U.K.'s Labour Party. Corbyn has been plagued with accusations of anti-Semitism and has a long history of condemning Israel while applauding anti-Jewish terrorist organizations. Ocasio-Cortez is part of the Democratic Socialists of America (DSA) that supports BDS. (Daily Caller)
"What I say to you I say to all: Watch!" (Mark 13:37).
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details