On Tuesday, Israeli Defense Forces protecting a pilgrimage of 1,000 Jewish worshipers to the Tomb of Joseph discovered two grenades hidden at the site.
The hand grenades were of makeshift design and appeared to be manufactured locally, according to reports.
In addition, gunfire was directed at an Israel Defense Forces vehicle and Palestinian Arabs threw rocks and Molotov cocktails.
Although the Tomb of Joseph located near the city of Schechem (Nablus) is completely under Arab control as set forth in the Oslo Accords, Jews retain special rights to pray at the tomb.
Violence has broken out in the past during similar visits. In 2017, 1,000 pilgrims visiting the tomb on the second night of Hanukkah were also met with Palestinian riots.
Israel evacuated Joseph's Tomb on Oct. 7, 2000, 18 years ago today. Although the tomb is said to be holy to both religions, following the evacuation, Palestinian Arabs stormed the site, causing extensive damage.
This article originally appeared at worldisraelnews.com.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.