Dear Ambassador Haley,
When President Trump said the U.N. ambassadorship, "a more glamorous position than it was two years ago," that was an understatement. You have been the most vocal, influential, effective, bold, passionate U.N. ambassador for the United States in history.
You confronted the hypocrisy in the U.N., how it has sheltered terrorists and attacked those who fight terrorism, how it has singled out Israel, and how it has given so many abusive nations a pass—like Russia and China.
You led the effort to get the U.S. out of the oxymoronic U.N. Human Rights Council, because it has "shown bias against Israel and a willingness to allow notorious human rights abusers as members." You looked them squarely in the eye and called them out on their hypocrisy.
Under your leadership, the U.S. is no longer "leading from behind," as President Obama used to say. We are leading by example and are more concerned about being right, than about whom we might be offending. The world is a safer place because of you. ISIS has lost all of their territory. Iran is reeling economically because the U.S. pulled out of the lopsided Iran nuke deal. We might even work out a deal with North Korea. You represented our position to the U.N. with eloquence and clarity. You are a rock star!
I have to admit: my heart skipped a beat last night as I checked the news while flying home to Israel from Katmandu, to find out that you were stepping down. You were my 2024 hopeful. You have been the most popular politician in the US during a time when very few politicians are respected or trusted. Even CNN said,
American voters of different partisan stripes don't agree on much nowadays, but they can agree on this: most of them approve of US Ambassador to the United Nations Nikki Haley" (cnn.com).
With a 63 percent approval rating, you top them all. Even among Democrats, you are just as popular as Chuck and Nancy, with 55 percent approving your job. Again, these Democrats that you have won over!
Under your leadership, in regard to the nation of Israel:
- Jerusalem was recognized as the capital of Israel.
- The U.S. Embassy was moved to Jerusalem.
- Palestinian aid was slashed because of the uncovering of continued payments from the Palestinian leadership to families of terrorists—making terrorism a heroic way to die and ensure ongoing provision for your family.
- UNRWA, the agency that oversees Palestinian refugees, was confronted with the US pulling their $360 million per year donation until the UN changes the number of refugees from the fictitious five million to 500,000.
- As mentioned, you removed the U.S. from the U.N. (lack of) Human Rights Council because of the oppressive nations like Cuba, Iran, China, Saudi Arabia and Venezuela that serve on it.
- You boldly told CBN that the Western Wall of the Temple Mount belonged to Israel. As a Christian, you said it is your faith in Jesus that guides your support of Israel. You even went to the Western Wall to pray, as an exclamation point.
- You rightly called the U.N. the "global epicenter of anti-Semitism."
You have credit in your heavenly account. Genesis 12:3 say that God would bless the one who blesses Abraham (and His descendants). Blessing is surely coming your way, as God will always keep His word!
You spoke truth to power!
When I heard country after country in the United Nations Security Council critically standing in judgment of Israel, I spoke out. What I said shocked the people at the U.N., but I'll say it again because it's the truth. Israel has acted with more restraint than just about any country would under those same conditions. —Nikki Haley
John Hagee's powerful organization, Citizens United for Israel, recently gave you the Defender of Israel Award for "the one person in America that we feel has done the most to defend and protect Israel."
Never has a U.N. ambassador shocked the world by his/her departure. If Samantha Power or Susan Rice before her resigned, the world would have hardly noticed. But everyone knows your name. Accolades and good wishes pour in from around the world. "Thank you for your support, which led to a change in Israel's status in the U.N.," said Danny Danon, your Israeli counterpart. Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu tweeted:
Thank you Amb. Haley for standing for the truth and exposing hypocrisy at the UN. Just as the people of Israel are grateful for the rock solid support @POTUS Trump has provided Israel in the Oval Office, we are grateful for the rock solid support you've provided Israel at the UN.
Nikki, you will be missed at the U.N., but I pray your voice will still be heard and, hopefully, you will come back to serve the U.S. and continue to be a friend of Israel. God bless you, Ambassador Nikki Haley!
Ron Cantor is an Israeli evangelist. He blogs at messiahsmandate.org, and you can get his book, The Coming End-Time Awakening free at roncantor.com. Ron is on the leadership team of Tiferet Yeshua Congregation in Tel Aviv and is also the director of communications for Tikkun Global. He is the author of several books, including Identity Theft: How Jesus Was Robbed of His Jewishness.
This article originally appeared at messiahsmandate.org.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details