Everything Christians do should be based upon the biblical text. The following are seven biblical reasons why Christians everywhere should stand up and speak up for Israel. This is taken from the Leadership manual for Christians United for Israel. It's so good, we got permission to share it here.
1. God has promised to bless the man or nation that blesses His chosen people. History has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that the nations that have been blessed the Jewish people have had the blessing of God. The nations that have cursed the Jewish people have experienced the curse of God.
And I will bless them that bless thee and curse him that curseth thee; and in thee shall all nations of the earth be blessed. Genesis 12:3
2. Christians owe a debt of eternal gratitude to the Jewish people for their contributions that gave birth to the Christian faith. Jesus Christ, a prominent Rabbi from Nazareth said,
Salvation is of the Jews! John 4:22
St. Paul recorded in Romans 15:27,
For if the Gentiles have shared in their (the Jews) spiritual things, they are indebted to minister to them also in material things.
Consider what the Jewish people have given to Christianity:
a. The Sacred Scripture
b. The Prophets
c. The Patriarchs
d. Mary, Joseph and Jesus Christ of Nazareth
e. The Twelve Disciples
f. The Apostles
It is not possible to say, "I am a Christian" and not love the Jewish people. The Bible teaches that love is not what you say but what you do.
My little children, let us not love in word or in tongue, but in deed and in truth. 1 John 3:18
"A bell is not a bell until you ring it, a song is not a song until you sing it, love is not love until you share it."
3. While some Christians try to deny a connection between Jesus of Nazareth and the Jews of the world, Jesus never denied His faith, culture or race. He never denied his "Jewishness"
He was born Jewish. He was circumcised on the eighth day in keeping with Jewish tradition. He had His Bar Mitzvah on His 13th birthday. He kept the Law of Moses and He wore the prayer shawl Moses commanded all Jewish men to wear. He died on a cross with an inscription over His head, "King of the Jews!"
Jesus considered the Jewish people His family. Jesus said,
"Verily I say unto you, inasmuch as you have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren (the Jewish people ...Gentiles were never called his brethren), ye have done it unto me." Matthew 25:40
4. The scriptural principle of prosperity is tied to blessing Israel and the city of Jerusalem.
Pray for the peace of Jerusalem, they shall prosper that love thee. Psalm 122:6
5. Why did Jesus Christ go to the house of Cornelius in Capernaum and heal his servant who was ready to die? What logic did the Jewish elders use with Jesus to convince Him to come into the house of a Gentile and perform a miracle? The logic they used is recorded in Luke 7:5,
For he loveth our nation, and he hath build us a synagogue.
The message? This Gentile deserves the blessing of God because He loves our nation and has done something practical to bless the Jewish people.
6. Why did God the Father select the house of Cornelius in Caesarea (Acts chapter 10) to be the first Gentile house in Israel to receive the gospel? The answer is given repeatedly in Acts chapter 10.
There was a certain man in Caesarea called Cornelius, a devout man, (Cornelius) and one that feared God with all his house, which gave much alms to the people, and prayed to God always. Acts 10:1-2
Who were the people to whom Cornelius gave these alms? They were Jews!
Again in Acts 10:4
...thy prayers and thine alms are come up for a memorial before God.
Again in Acts 10:31
...and thine alms are had in remembrance in the sight of God.
The point is made three times in the same chapter. A godly Gentile who expressed his unconditional love for the Jewish people in a practical manner was divinely selected by heaven to be the first Gentile house to receive the gospel and the first to receive the outpouring of the Holy Spirit.
These combined Scriptures verify that PROSPERITY (Gen. 12:3 and Psalm 122:6), HEALING (Luke 7:1-5) and the OUTPOURING of the Holy Spirit came first to Gentiles that blessed the Jewish people and the nation of Israel in a practical manner.
7. We support Israel because all other nations were created by an act of men, but Israel was created by an act of God! The Royal Land Grant that was given to Abraham and his seed through Isaac and Jacob was an everlasting and unconditional covenant.
Now the Lord had said to Abram:
"Get thee out of your country, from your family and from your father's house, to a land that I will show you. I will make you a great nation; I will bless you and make your name great; and you shall be a blessing. I will bless those who bless you, and I will curse those who curses you; and in you all the nations of the earth shall be blessed." Genesis 12:1-3
And the Lord said to Abram after Lot had separated from him: "Lift your eyes now and look from the place where you are-northward, southward, eastward, and westward; for all the land which you see I give to you and your descendants as the dust of the earth; so that if a man could number the dust of the earth, then your descendants also could be numbered. Arise and walk in the land through its length and its width, for I give it to you." Genesis 13:14-18
On the same day the Lord made a covenant with Abram saying: "To your descendants I have given this land from the river of Egypt to the great river, the river Euphrates-the Kenites, the Kenezzites, the Kadmonites, the Hittites, the Perizzites, the Rephaim, the Amorites, the Canaanites, the Girgashites, and the Jebusites." Genesis 15:18-21
Then Abram fell on his face, and God talked with him saying, "As for Me, behold, My covenant is with you, and you shall be a father of many nations. No longer shall your name be called Abram, your name shall be Abraham: for I have made you a father of many nations. I will make you exceedingly fruitful; and I will make nations of you, and kings shall come for you. And I will establish my covenant between Me and you and your descendants after you. Also I give to you and your descendants after you the land in which you are a stranger, all the land of Canaan, as an everlasting possession; and I will be their God." Genesis 17:4-8
"My mercy I will keep for him forever, and My commandments shall stand firm with him. His seed also I will make to endure forever. And his throne as the days of heaven. If his sons forsake My law and do not walk in My judgments, then I will punish their transgression with the rod, and their iniquity with stripes. Nevertheless My loving kindness I will not utterly take from him, nor allow My faithfulness to fail. My covenant I will not break, nor alter the word that has gone out of My lips, once I have sworn by My holiness; I will not lie to David: his seed shall endure forever, and his throne as the sun before Me; it shall be established forever like the moon, even like the faithful witness in the sky." Selah Psalms 89:28-37.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer