This weekend marks the third annual Christians United for Israel (CUFI) Sunday. Churches are being asked to dedicate all or a portion of their worship service to praying for and showing solidarity with Israel.
Last years' event drew more than 1,500 churches from a variety of denominations. Congregations prayed for the peace of Jerusalem and pastors dedicated their sermons to explaining why Christians should support the Jewish nation. The event is organized by Texas pastor John Hagee, founder of CUFI along with the CUFI team.
"Israel is an outpost of freedom and democracy in one of the most undemocratic regions in the world," Hagee said after last year's event. "Now is the time for Israel's supporters, regardless of faith or political ideology, to unite in standing with Israel as she confronts such serious threats from Hezbollah, Hamas and Iran."
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.