"The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel ...deliverance to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed ..." (Luke 4:18).
The last time I spoke in Washington, D.C., I had the privilege of interacting with a distinguished ambassador from Africa. In this prestigious position he represents his country and government and enjoys excellent pay and benefits while declaring and demonstrating the best his country has to offer.
Are you aware that God honors you with this title as His ambassador, and that in this special assignment, He instructs you: "Always be ready to give an answer to every man who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you." (1 Pet. 3:15)?
The Bible tells us, "knowing the fear of the Lord, we persuade men ... we are ambassadors for Christ, as though God were pleading through us" (2 Cor. 5:19-20).
This ministry is essential, not optional, for us to "hasten the return of the Lord" (2 Pet. 3:12) and rescue people from deception to discover a dynamic, transformative relationship with Jesus.
Truth Sets People Free
After my teenage years of deception playing in the rock band, "The Lost Souls," in Cleveland, I was easy prey for the enemy in the turbulent 1960s. Yet God was faithful to bring people across my path who helped dispel lies prevalent in the culture that I was believing, not only about Christianity but ideas seducing scores on a pathway to destruction. My best friend, Chuck, was dead at 23 having succumbed to Satan, the "father of lies" (John 8:44).
Christians were God's ambassadors who conveyed truth to me the same way Jesus did in dealing with deception. Confronting falsehoods, He stated confidently, "It is written ... It is written ... It is written ..." (Matt. 4:4, 7, 10). He told us, "If you remain in My word then you are truly My disciples. You shall know the truth, and the truth shall set you free. ... Therefore, if the Son sets you free, you shall be free indeed" (Jn. 8:31-32, 36).
Today, the crisis in our culture is a crisis of truth. Journalistic standards have collapsed and we are daily bombarded with narratives undermining Judeo-Christian foundations previously upheld. Radical "progressives" are propagandizing our children, youth and the general population to replace traditional America with a socialist, secular model.
The opportunity is at hand for all of us as His ambassadors to rule over the enemy's schemes by bringing the scepter of truth. "The Lord will stretch forth Thy strong scepter from Zion, saying 'Rule in the midst of Thine enemies.' Thy people will volunteer freely in the day of Thy power" (Ps.110:2-3, NAS).
May the following be a resource to help you in this battle! Print it, post it and pass it along to others. I also strongly encourage you to make use of the 30 free 3-minute YouTube videos at bullseyechallenge.com so you will be an informed influencer, confidently and winsomely communicating truth on the 30 hot button issues of our day.
Responses to Rescue the Deceived
- All roads lead to God. "No one comes to the Father except through Me" (John 14:6).
- You're too narrow minded. "Narrow is the way that leads to eternal life and there are few who find it" (Matt. 7:13).
- There is no hell. "But rather fear Him who is able to destroy both soul and body in Hell" (Matt. 10:28).
- No one can know if there's a God. "The heavens declare the glory of God, and the firmament shows His handiwork" (Ps. 19:1).
- God is love; all will be saved. "There is no salvation in any other, for there is no other Name under heaven given among men by which we must be saved" (Acts 4:12).
- The Bible was written by man; it's full of contradictions. "All Scripture is inspired by God" (2 Tim. 3:16a).
- Man is basically good. "All have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God" (Rom. 3:23).
- Believing generally in God is enough. "Do you believe that there is one God; you do well. The demons also believe and tremble" (Jam. 2:19).
- Jesus? I stay neutral. "You are either for Me or against Me" (Matt. 12:30).
- I'll think about it and decide later. "Look, now is the accepted time; look, now is the day of salvation" (2 Cor. 6:2).
- Sending people to hell is unjust. "But God is patient with us, because He does not want any to perish, but all to come to repentance" (2 Pet. 3:9).
- Abortion is not about a child; it's just tissue. "But as soon as she delivers the child, she no longer remembers the anguish for joy that a child is born into the world" (John 16:21).
- There's nothing wrong with homosexual/lesbian marriage. "For this reason a man shall leave his father and mother and be joined to his wife" (Matt. 19:5).
- Transgender is fine; people choose their gender. "He who made them at the beginning made them male and female" (Matt. 19:4).
- Open the borders. Immigrants aren't wrong for sneaking in. "He who does not enter by the door into the fold... but climbs up some other way, he is a thief and a robber" (John 10:1).
- Everyone has to finds his own way. "There is a way that seems right to a man, but it's end is the way of death" (Prov. 14:12).
- I don't believe in God. "The fool has said in his heart, 'There is no God'" (Ps. 14:1).
Here's the Deal: "The servant of the Lord must not quarrel, but must be gentle toward all people, able to teach, patient, in gentleness instructing those in opposition. Perhaps God will grant them repentance to know the truth, and they may escape from the snare of the devil, after being captured by him to do his will" (1 Tim. 2:24-26).
Read articles like this one and other Spirit-led content in our new platform, CHARISMA PLUS.
Larry Tomczak author of 10 books, is a cultural commentator of 46 yrs, Intercessors for America board member, best-selling author and a public policy adviser with Liberty Counsel. His new, innovative video/book, BULLSEYE, develops informed influencers in 30 days (see www.bullseyechallenge.com). and he has a variety of resources on his website (see www.larrytomczak.com). You can also hear his weekly podcast here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details