In these turbulent times, it is critical that Christians be extremely discerning. Politicians can be slippery, telling different audiences what they want to hear.
At last week's Democratic Convention, former President Barack Obama lambasted President Trump and hammered home the theme that America is unfair to anyone but the "whites." Radical change is essential. The new Democratic Party is ready to banish "white privilege" and bring forth Biden's vision for a "progressive" society based in equality and nondiscrimination.
Many admit it's difficult to listen to Obama make these kinds of speeches when we consider his upbringing and the outcome of his life. From fatherlessness and adversity, he rose to prominence through hard work, perseverance and seizing opportunities afforded all, including Black Americans.
Barack Obama received close to 90 million votes from white Americans electing him president of the United States. His college and law school costs were covered in large part by white America.
Now as a private citizen, he and Michelle don't seem to be suffering from "institutional racism" as they are expected to take in over $240 million, enjoy their two lavish residences in Washington, D.C., and $12 million waterfront mansion in Martha's Vineyard plus celebrate his $40 million net worth and $200,000 pension for life.
No one deprives him of these incredible blessings coming from his achievements. He's blessed to live in America, the beacon of hope, freedom, opportunity and prosperity for all willing to apply themselves and reject selfishness, laziness, lawlessness and self-destructive behavior.
All of this basically comes from a scriptural worldview put into practice. With the election fast approaching, it is extremely important we are registered to vote and vote for values that are biblically informed. This is probably the most consequential election in American history, and it's imperative for God's people to be fully involved and influence others to do likewise.
If you haven't registered, go to MyFaithVotes.org to be inspired and involved. Pastors and ministry leaders, please exhort those you serve to be engaged as salt preserving society from decay.
Invest 3.5 minutes watching this video to equip you in understanding the difference between a secular and a spiritual worldview.
Larry Tomczak author of 10 books, is a cultural commentator of 46 yrs, Intercessors for America board member, best-selling author and a public policy adviser with Liberty Counsel. His new, innovative video/book, BULLSEYE, develops informed influencers in 30 days (see www.bullseyechallenge.com). and he has a variety of resources on his website (see www.larrytomczak.com). You can also hear his weekly podcast here.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details