USA Today published the results of a national survey among 18 to 31-year-olds regarding living together. A whopping 76 percent of young Americans said that cohabitation before marriage is fine.
If you have children or grandchildren, do you think they're being influenced by this cultural trend? It's on television, in movies and commonplace among celebrities and sports heroes.
The stark reality is that 65 percent of "altar-bound" singles—many of whom identify as "Christians"—now live together before marriage.
Adding to the conversation are people making statements like the following: "Look, times have changed. We have to face certain realities of living in the 21st century. We're going to get married eventually. Like buying a car, you've got to try it out first. What difference does a certificate really make—it's just a piece of paper. We're older ... more mature ... been divorced ... not ready financially ... aren't sexually involved ... providing parents for a child ... benefiting from tax incentives ...have peace that God understands our unique situation ... look how many people even 'Christians' are doing it!"
Here's the deal: couples who are shacking up, living under one roof as a "pretend" married couple, are living beneath the revealed will of God for their lives. Ignoring this will bring consequences, if not immediately, then eventually.
In less than three months, my wife and I will celebrate 40 years of covenant marriage on the heels of her parents, who were at the 70-year mark. I invite you to watch this 3 1/2 minute video regarding being sexually active, cohabitating and finding your mate to discover the truth on this topic.
Larry Tomczak author of 10 books, is a cultural commentator of 46 yrs, Intercessors for America board member, best-selling author and a public policy adviser with Liberty Counsel. His new, innovative video/book, BULLSEYE, develops informed influencers in 30 days (see www.bullseyechallenge.com). and he has a variety of resources on his website (see www.larrytomczak.com). You can also hear his weekly podcast here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.