A calamity is "an event resulting in great loss and misfortune."
Certainly what took place recently in a Planned Parenthood abortion center fits that description. Our thoughts, prayers and condolences go out to all affected by this tragedy. We also disavow any violence in that it is fundamentally against anything characterized as pro-life.
The 57-year-old deranged drifter, who entered the building intent on killing people, did not act for any twisted religious reasons, thank God! He did behave in a manner diametrically opposed to everything the sanctity of life/pro-life movement represents.
"No more baby parts!" was his rant as he gunned down the innocent victims.
Now abortion advocates are trying to capitalize on the tragedy and once again this emotionally charged issue comes before us as Americans. Our challenge is to be compassionate and clear in our responses.
My dear friend Alveda King, niece of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., once stated, "Planned Parenthood has been very successful in misleading people since its inception." In the aftermath of the Colorado clinic calamity, their supporters are out in full force once again.
5 Myths to Refute Convincingly yet Compassionately
1. Contrary to those claiming to be pro-life, pro-choice proponents represent women's health for safe and legal abortions.
After the mass killings, the Rocky Mountain Planned Parenthood president said the deranged man was "motivated by opposition to safe and legal abortions" in their "health center." This comes right after the organization quoted Hillary Clinton, "Every child deserves the opportunity to live up to their God-given potential."
She states repeatedly that she, like Barack Obama, is "proud to stand with Planned Parenthood."
The reality is abortion is not a safe, harmless procedure for pre-born females and males. It's not like other surgeries, say a root canal or tonsillectomy. Abortion is an operation terminating the life of a developing little baby. If you've ever seen a 3-D sonogram or an actual video of a late-term abortion—which, in some extreme instances, involves scissors being inserted into the base of the baby's skull and a beheading—you'll never be silent facing this deception again.
2. This anti-abortionist's conduct was part of the "war on women" who have a right to control their own bodies.
In reality, an unborn baby is not just "part of the woman's body" like her liver or lungs. The unborn child is a totally separate person with 46 chromosomes, a separate blood system (often with a totally different blood type) and its own unique body parts.
Beyond this, it must be understood that no person has absolute right to his or her own body. All of us are subject to certain civil laws that restrict our personal rights. For example, a woman may not legally sell her body for prostitution; she may not legally inject narcotic drugs into her body; and she may not legally kill herself, although some misguided people are pushing in this direction.
3. If Planned Parenthood wasn't in Colorado and elsewhere, needy women would be forced to back alleys again where they lost their lives.
Should we legalize and sanction heroin addiction because some people die in back allies due to overdoses and dirty needles? Should we legalize and promote prostitution as a legitimate business in order to curb the spread of AIDS, rape and STDs?
Former abortion rights activist Dr. Bernard Nathanson admitted prior to his death that he and his National Abortion Rights Action League fabricated figures that 1 million women were getting illegal abortions in America annually with tens of thousands dying. He admitted that the average was really about 98,000 illegal abortions, with an average of about 250 deaths for 25 years. Plus, 90 percent of these were done in doctors' offices!
Isn't it interesting that in the Colorado flooding of not long ago, it was mandatory that animals were to be rescued? How can we do any less for the defenseless unborn? We must speak charitably when engaging people, keeping uppermost that Scripture declares, "The Lord hates... hands that shed innocent blood" (Prov. 6:16-17).
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.