Recently my long time friend, Lee Grady, highlighted in print the deaths of notable Christians. Ann B. Davis, beloved actress, was one of them.
Yet at the same time in a publication on newsstands is the headline that she was really a lesbian!
I don't believe it.
In theaters across America right now is a movie called "Foxcatcher" dealing with the true story of multimillionaire John DuPont's killing of Olympic wrestler Dave Schultz.
The movie also implies a homosexual relationship between John and Dave's brother Mark. The latter categorically denies any such involvement.
NFL castaway, Michael Sam, who unashamedly kissed his "lover" on national TV, was interviewed recently by Oprah Winfrey and celebrated the fact that many NFL players call him and admit they're gay but just haven't come out yet.
Regularly on TV celebrities and "experts" celebrate the "fact" that probably 25-30 percent of Americans are really gay. Accurate statistics don't bear this out as the actual figure is somewhere between 2-3 percent.
American Idol is launching its new season amid declining viewership.
Not long ago they featured a commercial to try and spice things up a bit. A handsome hunk was struggling with his electronic device until a hot babe told him about Amazon Kindle. Convinced she had the better product, he invited her to celebrate by joining him and his gay "husband" for a drink.
What's going on? A lifestyle that Romans 1:24-27 labels as "immoral," "indecent," "shameful," "unnatural" and a "perversion" bringing a "due penalty" is conveyed to tens of millions of unsuspecting children, teens and parents as normal, acceptable behavior.
The indoctrination and propaganda coming from those advocating a gay lifestyle in our country, classrooms and culture are increasing. All of us need to take note and take action to guard those we love.
We Are Being Bombarded!
A while ago I was in New York's Greenwich Village sharing a meal when I engaged my waiter with this question: "Are there a lot of gay people in the Village?" With a sly smile and twinkle in his eye he retorted, "Everybody in the Village is gay!"
Now I didn't believe his hyperbole for one minute but I know what's behind that statement. Convey the impression that the LGBTQ lifestyle is simply an alternative way of living that is beautiful, natural and acceptable. God calls it "abominable" and our mission is to convey love and gospel truth in a winsome way to rescue those in deception.
But first, are you really aware of this avalanche sweeping across our society today? It's not a trickle; it's a tsunami!
"And do not have fellowship with the unfruitful works of darkness; instead, expose them. For it is shameful even to speak of those things which are done by them in secret. But all things are exposed when they are revealed by the light, for everything that becomes visible is light" (Eph. 5:11-13).
Focus on the Family ministry warns: "The people behind our nightly diet of network and cable programming have a gay agenda."
Here's how Hollywood is promoting homosexuality right now:
• Super hyped Empire series starts with Oscar nominee Terrence Howard having a homosexual son—and he's a hunk.
• Glee features over five gay characters.
• Home and remodeling reality shows regularly feature lesbians and gays in partnerships exploring homes.
• Modern Family features a gay couple who married over two episodes recently.
• Ellen DeGeneres celebrates her lesbianism and "marriage" in between appearances of guests like Taylor Swift to attract young girls.
• Dancing with the Stars hosts a gay judge and gay couples.
• Biggest Loser had lesbian Jillian Michaels as a role model coach.
• The Good Wife now has a lesbian/bisexual investigator.
• Scandal has two gays.
• 2 1/2 Men just added a lesbian daughter.
• Grey's Anatomy highlights a lesbian couple with their child.
• Survivor and other reality shows regularly parade homosexuals as contestants.
• Anderson Cooper boasts openly on TV he'd rather "have sex" with a man, plus co-hosts New Year's Eve festivities nationwide.
GLAAD (The Gay and Lesbian Alliance Against Defamation), GLSEN (The Gay, Lesbian and Straight Education Network), PFLAG (Parents, Families and Friends of Lesbians and Gays), HRC (Human Rights Campaign) and a multitude of other LGBTQ advocacy groups have multimillion-dollar budgets and work aggressively to convince Americans that homosexuality is a beautiful way of life—maybe for your child or grandchild?
What Can We Do?
1. AWARENESS—The above overview is not exhaustive but intended to alert us to this bombardment hitting our homes.
2. ALTERNATIVES—Purchasing wholesome DVD series and streaming selected programs are great alternatives. The Fugitive, Gunsmoke, Little House on the Prairie, I Love Lucy and other award-winning shows are all available and cheap. My son has two adopted young boys who are growing up with Wally, Larry Mondello, Eddie Haskell and the Beaver and can't wait till the next episode!
3. ALERTNESS—Stay engaged and alert to teaching opportunities when unseemly characters "pop up" on the screen. Whether pausing the program for a quick moment of instruction or following up later at bedtime, in the car or at the table, skillfully share on God's design for a man and a woman and the sanctity of marriage.
Passivity is not an option. Check out how aggressive these well-funded and well-organized groups are in targeting innocent and impressionable children. In elementary schools, high schools, colleges and the media, LGBTQ advocates are extremely deceptive, sophisticated and strategic in working to lead a generation over the cliff to destruction.
As "salt and light" Christians, we represent a bulwark against this tidal wave of unprecedented evil. May all of us be found faithful and vigilant at our posts.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.