On newsstands across America, Entertainment Weekly magazine invites us to purchase the latest issue, highlighting the "most important, infuriating, heartbreaking movie of the year." Five sober-faced celebrities, including Julia Roberts, grace the cover along with chilling stats intended to shock sensibilities:
- 60 percent—the percentage of young Americans living with HIV today who are unaware they're infected
- 36 million—the number of people who have died of AIDS since 1981
- 22 percent—the increase in new infections among gay and bisexual men in the United States from 2008 to 2010.
- 1994—the year AIDS became the leading cause of death among Americans ages 25 to 44
The cover story inside has the title "This Love Story Does Not Have a Happy Ending." It tells of the central character who sees his own body disintegrate and how the movie is the semiautobiographical story of Larry Kramer, an HIV-positive homosexual who wrote the play The Normal Heart.
The article features a picture of a sickly Mr. Kramer, who could not contribute to the article because of illness. A decade ago, he spoke a gloomy message to the LGBTQ community in New York, some of which follows below. He is the author of the novel Faggots and acknowledges he previously had tried to kill himself.
Here is an excerpt of the message he gave about 10 years ago:
"I have recently gone through my diaries of the worst of the AIDS plague years. I saw day after day a notation of another friend's death. I listed all the ones I'd slept with. There were a couple hundred. Was it my sperm that killed them, that did the trick? It is no longer possible for me to avoid this question of myself. Have you ever wondered how many men you killed? I know I murdered some of them. I just know. You know how you sometimes know things? I know. Several hundred over a bunch of years, I have to have murdered some of them, planting in them the original seed. I have put this to several doctors. Mostly they refused to discuss it, even if they are gay. Most doctors do not like to discuss sex or what we do or did. ... They play blind. God knows what they must be thinking when they examine us. Particularly if they aren't gay. One doctor answered me, it takes two to tango so you cannot take the responsibility alone. But in some cases it isn't so easy to answer so flippantly. The sweet young boy who didn't know anything and was in awe of me. I was the first man who [expletive] him. I think I murdered him. The old boyfriend who did not want to go to bed with me and I made him. The man I let [expletive] me because I was trying to make my then boyfriend, now lover, jealous. I know, by the way, that that other one is the one who infected me. You know how you sometime know things? I know he infected me. I tried to murder myself on that one."
Harmful Health Risks of a Homosexual Lifestyle
Recently, the Centers for Disease Control and other reputable agencies have released more findings on homosexual activity. Consider these as we witness the constant barrage of smiling images of the likes of Ellen DeGeneres, Michael Sam, the Cam and Mitchell characters on TV's Modern Family (celebrating their same-sex marriage in a two-part finale on ABC), or gay actor Neil Patrick Harris standing 98 percent nude on the cover of Rolling Stone magazine, promoting his Broadway play about a transvestite in full drag makeup.
Here's the deal: With all the hoopla about this one and that one "coming out" and it being the time to celebrate gay marriage and the gay lifestyle as normal, natural and beautiful, people need to awaken to the reality that this so-called love story does not have a happy ending. All the safe-sex techniques and medical advancements are not solving the problem either.
- Homosexual and bisexual men account for 75 percent of syphilis.
- 78 percent of all new HIV infections are among males, primarily homosexuals.
- Over 25 percent of all HIV infections in the United States are among young males ages 13 to 24.
- The Journal of Sex Research reports, "Although heterosexuals outnumber homosexuals by a ratio of at least 20 to 1, homosexual pedophiles commit about one-third of the total number of child sex offenses."
- Psychological Reports and the International Journal of Epidemiology reported the same findings: Homosexuals have a 20-year-shorter lifespan.
- It's not a mystery why the FDA bans homosexual male blood donations or why so many homosexuals suffer from what is medically known as gay bowel syndrome and herpes lesions in the mouth.
Depending on the source, homosexual men have a mean lifetime number of sexual partners falling anywhere between 250 to 500. Engaging in sodomy with the "sewage system" of another's anatomy is contrary to God's design and brings inevitable consequences.
Dr. Frank Spinelli wrote the following in the homosexual publication The Advocate:
"Imagine for a moment that you're a doctor—a gay doctor with a practice that predominantly treats gay men. Now guess how many texts and phone calls you might receive during any given weekend involving questions that have to do with recreational drugs, penile discharge, or the risk of contracting HIV from unprotected sexual encounters? Now take that number and multiply it by 10 if that weekend should occur around Gay Pride, Folsom Street Fair, Gay Days at Disney, or any one of the Atlantis cruises. Welcome to my world!"
God designed a natural order that has men and women coupled together in marriage for the dual purpose of oneness and offspring. Same-sex unions cannot fully deliver on these two, so we are left with the element of pleasure alone. This may or may not last for long, which explains why there are so many multiple partnerships in the homosexual experience (with some rare exceptions) as well as promiscuity and resultant AIDS/HIV/STDs.
Remember your Tinkertoys as a child? They fit together. No matter how hard they try, two gay men or gay women can't.
The entire animal kingdom functions the same way in accordance with nature's design. While some folks point to some extremely rare exceptions, where some animals may dabble in homosexual–like activity, keep in mind they are animals operating out of instinct, not human beings operating out of intellect.
Charity and Clarity Can Make for a Happy Ending
In spite of the gay avalanche upon us, we must lovingly and uncompromisingly hold the line by remaining faithful to Scripture. Practicing homosexuality is sin, and that will never change. To say we genuinely care about our fellow man yet don't "speak the truth in love" is cowardice.
A few years ago, my wife noticed a red lesion on my back, and she encouraged me to check it out with a dermatologist. He assessed it as pre-cancerous and subsequently removed it by burning it off my back.
There were four elements that brought me through to a happy ending: honest assessment, pain experienced, affliction eradicated and health restored.
Would the doctor have been a true healer and friend if he sidestepped the root problem out of fear that he'd offend me and instead merely applied a bandage to my sore, sending me on my way? I could be dead today from his nicety minus the necessity of truth-telling!
The spiritual, emotional, mental and physical well-being of homosexuals should be every God-fearing person's concern. Being called a bigot or homophobic must not deter or intimidate us. Should we shrink back from reaching out in love, the result will be multitudes succumbing to deception and never discovering how God designed for us to live "happily ever after" in alignment with Him.
Larry Tomczak is a best-selling author and cultural commentator with more than 41 years of trusted ministry experience. His passion is to bring perspective, analysis and insight from a biblical worldview. He loves awakening people to today's cultural realities and responses needed for a restored, influential church. Please visit LarryTomczak.com.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Incredible Savings, Inspiration and Encouragement from CHARISMA:
- End Of The Year - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
- Big Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, and more.
- FREE eCourses by CHARISMA: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Women Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.