4. Don't allow yourself to take the present situation out of context.
I have learned that the course of events in God's timetable will bring me to the place of His choosing.
I love how the Holy Spirit through Solomon depicts the seasons of our lives, when he wrote, "To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven" (Eccl. 3:1, NJKV).
Whatever you're going through, don't allow yourself to take it out of context. Remember, it's a season and it's going to pass. Think about how God has brought you through difficult times in the past, and realize that He's going to bring you through this season too.
Remember the promise found in Hebrews 12:11: "Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby" (KJV).
Here is where so many miss it. They allow their present situation to dictate everything that's going on around them. Instead, you must learn to relax and say, "This is a season, and it is going to pass. It's going to bring the peaceable fruit of righteousness. Some good is going to come out of this."
Isaiah 30:15 tells us why it's so important to learn how to quiet our spirits: "In quietness and trust is your strength" (NIV). It doesn't get much clearer than that.
Quieting your spirit will help you navigate through the storms of life no matter what you are going through and no matter what's happening in the world around you. It's an art and a spiritual discipline that will change your life and help set the course for your future as it has mine. Why not begin today?
Evangelist Steve Hill preached the Brownsville Revival for five years, was pastor emeritus of Heartland World Ministries Church and authored 13 books, including Spiritual Avalanche.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details