5. You excuse sin.
Sin is anything Jesus wouldn't do. I like this simple and straightforward definition. If Jesus wouldn't go there, do that, drink that, smoke that, say that, listen to that or watch that, then it is sin and has no place in the life a son or daughter of God.
Jesus set the standard pretty high. He said, “You shall be perfect, just as your Father in heaven is perfect” (Matt. 5:48). The writer of Hebrews tells us to "pursue peace with all people, and holiness, without which no one will see the Lord” (Heb. 12:14). Holiness and perfection is impossible if you attempt to do it on your own.
Thankfully, I’m not doing this in my own strength but in His.
Are you tolerating habits and addictions? What are the hidden things in your life you wouldn’t want anyone else to find out about? What do you keep telling yourself—“It’s no big deal”?
If you have sin in your life, don’t excuse it. Confess it!
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details