In episode 6 of my new series, Questions With God, I ask the question, "Can God Completely Heal Past Trauma In One Encounter?" In my film Holy Ghost Reborn, there is a powerful moment when we filmed a former Navy SEAL named Shannon having a full-on encounter with Jesus where his childhood trauma is met and healed in a dramatic and emotional time of inner healing.
One of my good friends, who used to work at a large church, took the clip and showed it to the man in charge of that church's counseling ministry. He was excited to show his friend this scene, as he figured he would be encouraged and emboldened by it. But the reaction my friend got was wholly unexpected. The head of counseling, after watching the scene unfold, was silent for a moment. He then told my friend that this kind of thing could be dangerous, because you "can't count on Jesus to show up every time like that."
I deal in the realm of faith for a living, and I certainly understand that faith is often difficult, especially in relation to difficult circumstances. But when the head of a massive church's counseling department makes a statement like that, I can't help but wonder what the rest of the church thinks. I believe most Christians would say that God could do mighty miracles in people, but I am also learning that most Christians would never expect Him to do so. Instead of a God who is faithful to always meet our needs, we have often viewed Him moving on our behalf as a kind of lottery encounter. Your number just happened to come up this time. Praise the Lord.
But if I've learned anything, it's that God is always faithful. He always responds to faith (granted, maybe not in the way you are expecting or even hoping, but faith moves Him every time). The ministry that prayed for Shannon, Operation Restored Warrior, has a 100-percent success rate in healing soldiers from PTSD. They have successfully prayed for hundreds of current and former soldiers, and Jesus has shown up for these men every single time. Why? Because they expected Him to, and because they simply asked Him to.
Perhaps our problem isn't our lack of faith, but rather that we simply aren't asking Him to show up at all.
Darren Wilson is the Founder and CEO of WP Films and the creator of various films, including Finger of God, Father of Lights, and Holy Ghost. His newest TV series, Adventures With God, can be seen on various Christian networks around the world and purchased at his website: wpfilm.com, as well as his newest book, God Adventures.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details