One of the nation's most prominent and outspoken Christian leaders had some mighty choice words to say about the so-called "Never Trump" evangelicals.
"Let me say this as charitably as I can," Dr. Robert Jeffress said on "The Todd Starnes Radio Show." "These 'Never Trump' evangelicals are morons. They are absolutely spineless morons, and they cannot admit that they were wrong."
Jeffress, the pastor of the First Baptist Church in Dallas, said he doesn't understand why Never Trump evangelicals refuse to acknowledge the good that the president has done—especially on the issue of abortion.
"This is an issue of life and death. This is so black and white, so much about good versus evil. I don't get it," he told me. "It really goes to the core of who we are as a country and what kind of a country we have in the future. And if we can't get this issue of life right—I just don't know where we're going to go down the road."
There is no doubt that President Trump is the most pro-life president in American history. But there is still a great evil in our nation, as demonstrated by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam.
"What you're seeing that Andrew Cuomo and others have proposed, it's not only sinful and wrong, it is barbaric," he said. "It is the sign of what Romans 1 in the New Testament calls 'a depraved mind' that would allow that to happen."
Pastor Jeffress, who will be speaking at my One Nation Under God conference, said it is imperative for Christians to rise up and take a stand for the unborn.
"We cannot afford to be like German Christians who, in the rise of the evil reign of Adolf Hitler, just remained neutered. They remained silent. And you saw what happened there," Jeffress said. "I think there's a similar wave of godlessness that is rising in our country right now, and we must push back against that tide."
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details