At Robious Middle School it's okay to sing about Rudolph and Frosty, but it's not okay to sing about the little Lord Jesus.
Parents at the Virginia school received an email recently alerting them that Christmas songs mentioning Jesus would no longer be permitted.
If that doesn't jingle your bells I don't know what will, folks.
David Allen told television station WWBT that he received an email from the school's chorus teacher explaining that the school had decided to avoid singing "anything of a direct sacred nature in order to be more sensitive to the increasing diverse population at the school."
"I'm trying to rationalize how you can encourage diversity and yet be exclusionary in one specific area," Allen told the television station.
First Liberty Institute, one of the nation's top law firms handling religious liberty cases, said it is permissible under the U.S. Constitution for public school choirs to perform sacred music.
"Federal courts have upheld the constitutionality of public school holiday programs that include the use of religious music, art or drama, so long as the material is presented in an objective manner 'as a traditional part of the cultural and religious heritage of the particular holiday,'" First Liberty attorney Michael Berry wrote in a letter to the Chesterfield County School District.
Berry went on to cite several federal court rulings that indicate warbling "Joy to the World" and "Silent Night" do not violate the Establishment Clause.
Putting legal precedent aside, let's be honest, folks—Jesus is the reason for the season.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details