The Mormons have decided to sever ties with the Boy Scouts—ending a relationship that goes back nearly a century.
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints has long been the biggest sponsor of Boy Scout troops—representing more than 400,000 boys.
The Mormons said in a statement they plan to launch an international youth program focused on the gospel. But the church had been deeply troubled by policy changes in recent years—including the inclusion of gays in scouting.
Many Catholic and Protestant churches have already fled the once-storied program—leading to a drop of more than 10 percent since 2013. That was the year the BSA decided to open its membership to gay scouts.
The Boy Scouts did not have to capitulate to the social justice warriors. They had the Supreme Court on their side. They had the American people on their side. But instead of standing up to the bullies, they backed down.
Not too long after they changed their policies on sexual orientation, the Boy Scouts opened their ranks to gay leaders and then transgender scouts and then they decided that little girls could be Boy Scouts.
But even that was not inclusive enough for the radical revolutionaries—so for the sake of inclusion, they excluded the word "boy."
And soon, I predict this watered-down, culturally-compromised version of the Scouts will come full circle and lift its ban on atheists. Yes, I predict they will eliminate the name of God from their once sacred oath.
Because once you turn your back on your values—it's pretty easy to turn your back on the Almighty.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details