George Washington University has a mighty big problem with white Christian Americans.
The university is hosting a diversity workshop to tackle what it calls "Christian privilege."
Organizers believe Christians—especially white Christians—enjoy a privileged and easier life than non-Christians.
Timothy Kane is on staff at the university's Multicultural Student Services Center.
He's on a self-described mission to promote solidarity among the LGBT community and to expand diversity and inclusion.
He also hosts workshops on heterosexual privilege, abled-body privilege, socioeconomic privilege and cisgender privilege. I had to look that last one up —cisgender folks are people who identify with their birth sex.
Robert Jeffress, the pastor of the First Baptist Church of Dallas, said on "The Todd Starnes Radio Show" that Christian privilege "it's the most ludicrous thing I've heard of."
"This (Christian privilege) is a sham—it is a front for launching more attacks on Christians and restricting our Constitutional rights," the pastor said.
The idea there's such a thing as Christian privilege is laughable—especially in today's current political climate.
Just a few weeks ago, WW Bridal Boutique was forced to close its doors after years of harassment. The Christian owners and their children faced death threats after they refused to participate in a same-sex wedding.
Barronelle Stutzman, a Washington state florist, is awaiting a Supreme Court case to determine whether she violated the law by refusing to participate in a gay wedding ceremony.
And the list of Christians targeted and publicly shamed because of their religious beliefs continues to grow.
That's just the way things are in a culture where gay rights seem to trump just about everybody else's rights. You want to talk about privilege?
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details