What in the name of Ru Paul is wrong with the New York City Board of Education?
Parents are furious after children as young as 5 years old were exposed to a man's erotic drag show performance at what was supposed to be a school district talent show.
"My first reaction was what the (expletive) is going on," parent Raquel Morales told me.
The New York Daily News described the lewd performance as "complete with gyrations, tongue gymnastics and a flashed G-string."
The May 25th performance shocked and enraged parents, who could not believe the school district would allow a grown man to act in such a way in front of innocent children.
"I left the show the minute he started sticking his tongue out," one parent told the Daily News. "I had my children with me and I wasn't going to allow them to see that."
Morales filmed the seven-minute routine on her cell phone. It's jaw-dropping, folks.
"People were yelling and leaving," Morales says. "A lot of parents were saying had they known this was going to happen they would have taken their kids out after they had performed."
The talent show was emceed by District 4 Superintendent Alexandra Estrella. And the individual who performed in drag was identified as the president of the Public School 96 Parent Association.
"The school district told me the performance was about LGBT awareness," she said.
I reached out to the district as well as the board of education multiple times. So far, they have not returned my telephone calls.
There are several issues that need to be addressed.
First, who signed off on a school program that featured a kindergarten choir and a gyrating adult drag queen?
Second, why is that person still employed by the school district?
Third, why hasn't the school district publicly apologized to traumatized parents and their children?
"The superintendent was the emcee—and she has a responsibility to protect all children," Morales said. "That wasn't a child performing. It was an adult."
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details