President Trump will address a joint session of Congress later tonight—but Democrats won't be rolling out the red carpet.
The Washington Post reports that some Democrats may refuse to shake the president's hand as he enters the House chamber.
This is the actual headline: "Democrats' dilemma: To shake or not to shake President Trump's hand."
It's not Congress, folks. It's grade school.
It's not the first time the opposition party has disrespected the president. More than a third of congressional Democrats boycotted his inauguration. And an alarming number refuse to even acknowledge that he won the 2016 presidential election.
But tonight's stunt may very well define the Party of Obama for whom they really are: petty, vindictive and downright inhospitable.
And I would expect nothing less from a bunch of liberals who have gone out of their way to try and delegitimize a duly elected president.
We've seen their hired guns at work in town hall meetings across the fruited plain—causing mayhem—heckling preachers and disrespecting veterans.
Democrats are clearly lacking in the social graces necessary for a civil society.
But just in case one or two Democrats extend their hand and say howdy-do—the president might want to bring along some hand sanitizer—or a wet wipe.
Heaven forbid the leader of the free world gets a case of the cooties.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
Five ways to deepen your relationship with God, increase your faith and save money!
- Deepen Your Relationship with God with a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all of our free e-Courses. Favorite topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Super Discounts and Close-Out Specials: Click Here to view all our bundles and close-out specials and save up to 86%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- God Wants to Anoint Women Now: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Change Your Atmosphere and Circumstances Through Prayer! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- HUGE Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Attention Pastors and Leaders: Leadership training and development are crucial for success. Enroll in a FREE 1-hour leadership mini-course by Dr. Mark Rutland. View Details