In 2005 President Bush was rebuked by Democrats for his handling of Hurricane Katrina.
President Obama scored some cheap political points, blasting President Bush for his flyover of the devastation in New Orleans.
Well, at least President Bush paid a visit.
That's a lot more than what President Obama has done for the people of Baton Rouge and other parts of southeastern Louisiana.
Some 40,000 homes are under water, a countless number left homeless—many without flood insurance.
And even though the waters have begun to recede, President Obama has not set foot in the Bayou State.
The good, hard-working people of Louisiana are suffering and they need to hear from their president. They are a resilient people and self-sufficient. But the magnitude of this terrible disaster demands a national response.
The Baton Rouge Advocate wrote a scathing editorial, all but shaming him into interrupting his vacation and doing his job.
"He should pack his bags now, and pay a call on communities who need to know that in a national catastrophe, they are not alone," the newspaper's editors wrote.
"It's past time for the president to pay a personal visit, showing his solidarity with suffering Americans," they added. "The president's presence is already late to this crisis, but it's better late than never."
Louisiana needs a Comforter-in-Chief—someone who can mobilize national attention on the plight of suffering people.
If he can find time to raise money for Hillary Clinton on vacation, he can sure as heck make time for flood victims in the Deep South.
But President Obama would rather spend his remaining months in office whacking balls at exclusive golf courses in posh resort towns.
In other words, his reaction to the national disaster in Louisiana is pretty much par for the course.
Todd Starnes is host of "Fox News & Commentary," heard on hundreds of radio stations. Sign up for his American Dispatch newsletter, be sure to join his Facebook page and follow him on Twitter. His latest book is The Deplorables' Guide to Making America Great Again.
To contact us or to submit an article, click here.
Get Charisma's best content delivered right to your inbox! Never miss a big news story again. Click here to subscribe to the Charisma News newsletter.
It's a NEW YEAR! Get ready for a NEW YOU!
- New Year Discounts On Book Bundles & Gifts: Click Here to view all our bundles and save up to 72%! Prayer, Holy Spirit, Anointing, the Supernatural and more.
- Go Deeper with God in a FREE eCourse: Click Here to view all eight of our free courses. Topics include Fear, Forgiveness, Holy Spirit, Supernatural, and How to Hear God.
- Anointed Woman Of God: Rise up and enter the anointing of Deborah, Anna, Esther, Ruth and Hannah. You were called to go higher. Click Here to learn more.
- Never Stop Praying - Prayer Changes Everything! John Eckhardt's prayer bundle gives you six powerful books to help you pray and change any situation. Click Here.
- New Year - New You - Bible Sale!: Click Here to save up to 50% off a great selection of Bibles. Plus, get a free gift with each order!
Subscription Special: Subscribe to Charisma for two years for Only $29.97 and get two free gifts. Gift #1 The Harbinger. Gift #2 The Harbinger II. Both books are by New York Times Best-Selling author Jonathan Cahn. View Offer